Search results

1. KaCee Bunn-Smith

HELP! Plastic Dice aquarium safe?

I admit it. I am a gamer. My wife is also a gamer. Magic, Dungeons & Dragons. Etc. So, we are setting up a new tank, and want to nerd it up a bit. Can anyone tell me if the standard plastic gaming dice are tank safe? If not, is there anything I can coat them with to make them tank safe...
  2. KaCee Bunn-Smith

First Time Reefer - My Tanks Journey

Just a few pics of some of the residents Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  3. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  4. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Nudibranches look quite interesting when I have just looked them up. Is it worth keeping in or should I try to get rid? How big would I expect it to get? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  5. KaCee Bunn-Smith

He is about 3.5 cm Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  6. KaCee Bunn-Smith

CN anyone ID this little guy? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  7. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Coral energy by red sea

The dosage on the Red sea products I have always found to be a good guide, but it will not harm anything if you are out just slightly. I would say you are correct to dose 1 ml for the 30 gallon, as the rocks will take up some of the "space" and because it is better to be a tiny bit under than...
  8. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

Still doing a lot of research, and still not sure which way I am going to go with this. I could a) revise my idea but still try to make a Star Wars theme Seahorse tank b) scrap the Star Wars idea and go with a more traditional Seahorse tank c) keep the Star Wars tank idea but stock...
  9. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

Regarding Tank shape, DaveK I'm not sure what you mean. I keep specifically reading regarding seahorses that they need a good vertical column for their environmental needs. Quoted from a reputable source "Seahorses are vertically oriented animals and utilize the water column to its fullest...
  10. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

The end result I would want would be simular to this, but with the ships smaller in scale. Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  11. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

After a bit of research, the models are made of a non toxic pvc plastic and painted with a water based acrylic paint. Sounds like I would need to coat then with something Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  12. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

These are the ships I am thinking of using...
  13. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

Now then... for the next challenge for my new tank. You see, I am a HUGE scifi buff, and I am debating trying something a little bit... well... crazy. I hope someone can tell me if this has any prayer at all of working. The idea is to turn the live rock in the center of the tank into an...
  14. KaCee Bunn-Smith

My 2nd Tank thread

some of you may be aware of my main tank thread, which has been going almost a year now. That thread can be found here. This thread will be for my 2nd project, which will present some very different problems. This will be a fairly small desk top tank, measuring about 17 gallons, or 77 liters...
  15. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Stragglers was one of the key reasons for getting the filefish. he should sniff them out before I see them.
  16. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Good news. After applying the Aphasia-X and adding the Filefish, I am seeing 0 visible signs of Aphasia. Now the only question... what else will my new filefish eat?
  17. KaCee Bunn-Smith

Those were mentioned but the tank had none in stock Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  18. KaCee Bunn-Smith

This fish was sold specifically as "Aptasia eating File Fish". The girl at the LFS also confirmed to me that he had been eating aptasia that had gotten into some of thier live rock Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  19. KaCee Bunn-Smith

I have just gotten back from the LFS and I am trying a 2 pronged attack. Someone I trust at the shop recommended a syringe of hot lemon juice (so not far off Sully hot water) and I also saw a lovely Aptasia eating File fish who was just dying to come home with me. Sent from my SM-G925F using...
  20. KaCee Bunn-Smith

The LFS has just recommended Red Sea Aptasia X Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk