Search results

1. W

Canister or No Canister

Hey all.....been a while since I last posted. Tank had it's 1yr anniversary a few weeks ago and all has been going great....until today when my canister started to leak. I think the issue is easily solvable (replace/lube gasket) but I have been wondering for some time if it's actually even...
  2. W

LED Question

Hi all......haven't posted in a bit but it's been 7 months since I started my 60 gallon FOWLR. Everything is going great with the exception of an occasional nitrate battle. I am looking to make my first big upgrade to the system by purchasing some LEDs. I'm not looking to go crazy but I would...
  3. W

Nitrates driving me nutty

Hi there.....been a few months since I posted. 60 gallon FOWLR started in May. For the most part things are going great but recently (last 5-6 weeks) my nitrates have jumped up to 20ppm. Went on vacation beginning of August and came home to a small bloom of red algae which I attribute to too...
  4. W

Waltmag41's 60 gal FOWLR

Really excited!!! Bought a pair of clowns today that are in quarantine....hope to add them soon!!!
  5. W

Buying Livestock Online

Display tank has been cycled for about a week now and we are ready to begin adding livestock. I was wondering about online purchases of fish......I was looking for suggestions of reputable online sites. We have one LFS and it's a bit on the pricey side but I don't want to order online and risk a...
  6. W

Adding substrate

Hey there.....so I got my tank filled and have begun curing 50 lbs of dry fiji rock...been a little over 2 weeks now and things seem to be ok. I was wondering when would be the best time to add the substrate . Wasn't sure it was a good idea during the curing process or not so I figured it was...
  7. W

TDS

Hi all......I am in the process of filling my 60 gal FOWLR and I made the newbie mistake of assuming the my new RO/DI system (AquaFX Barracuda 100gal/day) was producing water with no TDS. I have about 25 gallons in the tank and the resin in the DI filter has almost completely changed from black...
  8. W

Hi

Hi everyone!!!! I'm a former freshwater aquarist venturing out in the the scary world of saltwater. My wife and I loved our freshwater aquarium and we miss the times when we would just sit and watch our fish so we decided to jump back in. We are starting a 60 gallon FOWLR and are still in the...
  9. W

Powerheads for 60 gal FOWLR

Hey everyone......I'm new to the saltwater world and am in the process of setting up a 60 gallon FOWLR. I hooked all my equipment up for a wet test and I'm worried that I'm not moving enough water. Bought 2 Hydor Koralia 425s and I'm realizing that they just aren't gonna cut it. They were only...