Search results

1. miro

Helen's RSM130

Thanks for the input! Doh, how didnt i think of checking the size! Id say he is between 2-3cm.. guess thats not that small after all, but compared to the skunk he is fairly small! :p he has really thin and tiny claws (atleast it seemed so the last time i saw him stretch out). He has 2 antennas...
  2. miro

Helen's RSM130

Hmm, if it turns out it is, it will grow bigger then and leave the hole? At the moment its so small that i cant see him hurting anyone. The more i look at different photos the more it confuses me! :banghead: I will try getting a better pic on my camera, but it doesnt help that he only has his...
  3. miro

Helen's RSM130

No i dont think so. His face looks alot like the cleaner shrimps, just he is alot smaller. Read also that mysids are filter feeders, and thats what he mainly does also, pops out to grab stuff floating by unless i directly give something to him..his antennas in the front are striped, red and...
  4. miro

Helen's RSM130

Oh ye, another thing.. The rock piece i got with the coral has a tiny shrimplike thing living in it as well. This is the "best" photo i have been able to get of him while giving him food so he would stretch out a bit. Phone pic with a strong zoom, yey for quality!:baghead: Aaanyway, its redish...
  5. miro

Helen's RSM130

Thanks for the info Oxy, did not know that about the shrimp! Gonna try to take it easy and not rush into anything, so for now im happy with the one i have :) (most likely getting another one in the future:p) As it is summertime and vacation, i've been a bit absent, will be more active in the...
  6. miro

Helen's RSM130

Hah! Didnt even know you could :D But the shrimp sure seems very curious, positive and super chill.. I think im getting another one, so he can have some company :) I just offered him a piece of nori(with tweezers) and omg he was stuffing his face with it, i finally saw where his mouth was :p...
  7. miro

Helen's RSM130

Hmm, mine dont nip but seem to like their spots, they do eat well and play around sometimes with each other. They started moving around a bit more after i added the newcomers, cleaner shrimp was very interested in them :p Added the newcomers yesterday, will take a new pic once the new snails...
  8. miro

Helen's RSM130

Oops, been a while! Was on a mini-vacation and going for another one soon. Everything is still the same - no one has died, yey!:bounce: Theres quite a bit of algae but my cuc is a 2man band, well 3 but the big snail is just chilling under the sand :p I was away for 5 days and my other half who...
  9. miro

Whip's "new to me" RSM 130

Looking awesome! :) I might consider shrimps again, since they actually look quite cool! :D (for some reason all sorta shrimp is eww to me) And i really like the idea with the snails in the back chamber! Might try it as well in the future (if everything works out well for you) :D Niiice looking...
  10. miro

Helen's RSM130

Thanks Oxy! Yep, i ended up reading more *afterwards*, that oh btw, it likes to hide & then eat others! I will keep an eye on him, he has been cruising around the whole tank, met the other snail & crab and didnt seem to be interested in them (yet) :) What i read before buying it, was that he...
  11. miro

Helen's RSM130

Thanks! Think it looks very nice, and from that link it sounds like something people would like to have :) But then i did some more googling and most come up as hating it, also no one really has it in their menu either... :rolleyes: Not sure what to do with it, thinking of letting it grow :D
  12. miro

Helen's RSM130

Ok! Work has been so busy that i havent really had any time nor energy for much else, but about time for a tiny update! Both fishes seem to be very happy and they like eac hother, 1 of my hermits is dead:crying:, im quite sure that the other one kicked its ass. Havent had the chance to add...
  13. miro

Helen's RSM130

Thanks guys! I knew my salinity was more towards to the low rather than high so maybe i just got it to perfect by accident now :P But yea, this makes more sense, with the salt staying the same etc, kinda a DOH moment :D Its weird how you can get so caught up with the testing of the water and...
  14. miro

Helen's RSM130

oh? Thought it was supposed to be the same water salinity :ashamed: Wish i had more free time to focus on this and learn more :rolleyes: But ye its nice to finally have someone in there, even tho im worried out of my mind at the moment since i cant check the salinity, the new one is in the mail...
  15. miro

Helen's RSM130

Ok, dont even know where to strart, been a long week! :D Tank was ok and everything was and had been running smoothly for a long time. I was prepping and stressing with work during the weekend, to go to a gigantic convention (I had planned to sneak off quickly to visit some petshops but didnt...
  16. miro

I need a fish!

Yasha white ray shrimp goby – one from my list ;) http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+31+1145&pcatid=1145
  17. miro

Helen's RSM130

So a tiny cuc (3snails+2hermits) and 2 clowns are arriving on wednesday! :woohoo: I havent added the shrimp but have been feeding the tank with flakes. Tests are still good, algae is growing but the tank hasnt had the shrimp in it for almost a couple weeks now, so will i be ok or will the new...
  18. miro

Drew's C130

Great additions! (except the aiptasia:P) Got a good excuse to do some shopping then, Happy Birthday! :D
  19. miro

I babysat this week

Hahaha! Great story! :) Just one of those days, can definitely relate :D Very well written! :thumber2:
  20. miro

Fishy wheel"cork"

Thought this was so awesome & adorable! :angel: http://www.boredpanda.com/goldfish-wheelchair-cork-sling-float-upright/