Search results

1. Tangtastic

HELP!! I think my puffer has gone blind???

:help1: For the last couple of days, my puffer fish's eyes have steadily glazed over and kind of started to peel. When feeding him and interacting with him, it is clear that he cannot see. He will not eat his food unless it is placed right in front of his mouth, but he can definitely smell...
  2. Tangtastic

Red Algae all over

So... I left my window that is directly in front of my tank open the other day on accident (left the blinds open rather), and now I have a layer of red algae all over the place. Over the top of the sand, over the rocks, over the pumps, over everything! What is the best way to get rid of it...
  3. Tangtastic

My puffer and his personal water slide...

So my puffer has found a new hobby... he like to ride the water stream coming from the return pump out of the refugium. He does it ALL day long. He swims really really hard to see just how close he can get to the outlet and then he quickly turns and rides the stream across the tank. It's...
  4. Tangtastic

Oscillating Pump... what do I do?

For the last couple months my tank's main pump has been making this 'gulping' noise every so often. The majority of the time it runs smoothly and doesn't make that much noise, but then intermittently, it will make this 'gulping' noise as if maybe there were waves going through the water in...
  5. Tangtastic

Porcupine Puffer

So what does everyone think about porcupine puffers. I'm thinking about getting one. They're soooo cute! Are they high maintenance? Thanks! Amber 90 gal 1- Yellow Tang 1- Sailfin Tang 1- blenny 1- percula 1- mandarin goby 1- coral banded shrimp
  6. Tangtastic

Feeding questions about my mandarin goby

I purchased a cute little mandarin goby this weekend. I have been reading about them and he seems like a nice addition to my tank. I just have a few questions about feeding him. The people that sold him to me told me he actually eats the spirulina that they feed him which is unusual for a...
  7. Tangtastic

My Frankie is dead :-(

Well... the first of my beloved fish has past. He was my favorite by far and I am feeling a lot more sadness than I thought I would! I mean for god sakes! It's a fish! I have ate fish for dinner! And I actually shed tears over this fish! Frankie was our unicorn tang. He had such a...
  8. Tangtastic

Newbie with some questions

Hi all! Just recently my husband and I were given a 90 gallons saltwater aquarium with probably 100 lbs of live rock, maybe 20 mushrooms, And 4 tangs. (Or at least what I assume to be tangs). We moved the tank to our home and kept almost all of the water with it. The fish did very well...