Search results

1. Seed

Add a Small Glass or Acrylic Wedge to Sump?

Hello, I have a Reefer 350 with glass sump. I want to add a small piece to the corner of the sump that has a hole to mount a vertical switch. Anyone have some suggestions on how to do this? Can I just go to tap plastics and get a piece of acrylic and silicon it in? Thanks for the advice! Seed
  2. Seed

Seed's Reefer 350

Well after about a year with the C250 I decided to change it up and get the reefer. Overall I think it's just a better setup and of course has the sump. The differences between the units are night and day. A lot of the stuff I already had but here is the build Reefer 350 Black Vortech MP40QD x...
  3. Seed

HELP! Red Sea Reefer 350 - Part Question

Hello, Just setting up my Red Sea Reefer and was wondering what this white wood box thing is: Also for others out there. Be careful and inspect your boxes. I bought mine a couple months ago from a retailer and didn't inspect the box. I noticed when I unpackaged it there was extra taped up...
  4. Seed

Cleaning a Tank for Sale

Hello, I am breaking down my RSM 250 to make room for a reefer and wanted to know how best to clean the tank. Does it make sense to add vinegar to the water and just let it circle through the system for a few days to break down all the corraline? I have all the rock and sand out but still have...
  5. Seed

Need Help From Red Sea Reefer 350 Owners

Hello, Me and a friend of mine got a great deal on a couple of Reefer 350s. I need to see if they'll fit in my truck. Can someone that recently received a 350 provide the measurements for the aquarium box and the cabinet boxes? It would help a lot. I have to pick 'em up! Thanks! Seed Soon to...
  6. Seed

RSM250C - Steve's LED Kit - One Array Dead

Hello, I wanted to get some advice. I have a steves LED array that I purchased last December. This past May one array died. I took the hood off and checked all the wiring, it was prewired so all I had to do was installed the knobs and tap into the existing electrics. It was working great then...
  7. Seed

RSM C250 Skimmer Troubles

Hello, I'm not sure but it seems to me my skimmer isn't working well anymore. I have an ATO and all that sorta stuff. For a few months I was skimmin all the good stuff. The bio load is about the same today as it was a few months ago. I took a look at the unit and noticed the black rubber...
  8. Seed

C-250 Fuge in place of media rack?

Has anyone put a fuge in the area where the media rack is on a newer C-250 model?
  9. Seed

LifeReef Fuge/Sump Questions

Ive seen a couple people post, Diana and another fella, about a LifeReef fuge/sump for the 250s. I am considering the same and have some questions. I have never had a fuge, only one in the back of a nanotank but never underneath. 1. What size did you get that fit in the cabinet? 2. What is...
  10. Seed

C-250 Owners - Question on Sand Amount

I have a question for C-250 owners and likely relavant for all 250 owners. How much weight in sand did you buy and how deep is your bed? I ordered 55lbs of sand and I think I don't have enough, at lease for my tastes. On average it just gets level with the black trim at the base. Pictures would...
  11. Seed

Loc-Line for C-250?

Does anyone know if the powerhead outlets are different than previous gen 250s? Looking to split one of the out lines to distribute the power of one of the sides. After some reading I had no idea one pump was 400 and the other 600 with different outs on each outlet. I think I want to Y the...
  12. Seed

Need Help on Chiller Pump and Fitting Sizes - RSM C-250

Hello, From what I can tell the fittings for the chiller attachment on the C-250 are 5/8s on both sides and each pair. The 1/10 chiller has this size as well in their kit. The issue I am having is the pump. I can't seem to find a pump that has a 5/8 adapter. I also am unsure if I should add...
  13. Seed

Seed's RSM C-250

Well it finally came in! Assembly this weekend. Lots o work to do. Looking forward, sorta. hehe
  14. Seed

Seed's C130 or C250. Not sure which!

Seed's Black C250 Thread Hello, I am a first time reefsanctuary member, I think. I used to reef a lot with a 14 and 28gl AIO 6 years ago or so. Anyway at the time I had a biocube 14 then up to a Nanocube 28 if I recall. I was in an apartment and my landlord saw it and said they were pets and...