RSM250C - Steve's LED Kit - One Array Dead

Seed

Hello,

I wanted to get some advice.

I have a steves LED array that I purchased last December. This past May one array died. I took the hood off and checked all the wiring, it was prewired so all I had to do was installed the knobs and tap into the existing electrics. It was working great then one day I noticed an entire array was out. They are both attached to a typhoon controller.

I tested a different controller. There is power to the fan on the array that's out. There is even a blue light on the board but no lights. Anyone experience this? I would like to test with a volt meter to see where the problem is but not sure where to start. Kind of disappointing for such an expensive kit.

I have a ticket open with Steve's

Thanks!

Seed

Attachments

• IMG_6410.jpg
    IMG_6410.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6411.jpg
    IMG_6411.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

DaveK

The best thing fot you to do here is contact the manufacturer. They can advise your best course of action.

Usually with led systems you end up replacing major components. Since the unit is less than a year old they should make things right for you.

By the way, LED failures are not that uncommon. Consider that they are driving high power LEDs close to the max.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
sure steve or jeff will be able to help, from all I have read their customer service support is great, jeff is on the RS boards helping all the time.

Sure other RS members can advise too, as many have installed, but +1 ^ I would get jeff or steve's advise before trying anything else.

This syntax will draw him to your thread
@StevesLEDs

They also are now a RS Gold Sponsor now and have a dedicated forum here on RS
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?forums/steves-leds.294/

Hope this helps...

You stated you have a ticket open - this is their Support e-mail - send to it, if you have not already.

TechSupport@StevesLEDs.com

From their website...
https://shop.stevesleds.com/contactus.sc

Contact Us
Complete the Contact Information form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Every single item that leaves our facility is 100% tested to ensure no DOAs. Occasionally, items are damaged in the shipping process and are covered only if you purchase the optional shipping insurance. If you feel like your item has been damaged in shipping, please contact us.

If you are looking for Installation Manuals, please click here.

Steve's LEDs, LLC does not have a retail storefront.

Emails are constantly monitored regularly throughout the day during normal business hours of 7am-4pm, M-F, and occasionally on weekends. If you require urgent assistance outside of business hours, please use the subject URGENT for your message.

985-789-6604 - So that we can keep our prices low, we are only offering limited phone support.

The only reason your email will not be answered is if you enter your email address incorrectly in the form below or our reply is going into your email SPAM folder.All emails will be responded to in the order they are received. Sometimes we receive hundreds of messages in a very short period of time, so please be patient.

Seed

Thank you both for the quick replies. I'll wait and see what they say. Love this forum!

Seed

Seed,
No worries. I'll be glad to assist you in getting this up and running when I get to work in the morning.

Thanks,
Jeff

Steve's got back to me, we talked about the issue and he thought the controller board went bad. He sent me a new one with the tool to pop the wires out and 30 minutes later I'm back up and running. Many thanks. If only all customer support was this good.