Search results

1. F

Paul's Nano tank set up - Quarantine tank

Hi, I have a 135L tank and recently bought a used Aqua Medic Yasha to use as a quarantine tank, 36 litres. My first question is can I use the water from my main tank to save time in cycling, main tank has been up and running for 6 weeks. I was going to do it in 3 parts by adding 3 x 10 litres...
  2. F

When can I introduce soft corals?

I have had my tank for 30 days now and introduced cuc over the weekend. When can I introduce my first couple of softies? Water stats are stable with PH at 8.1 and phosphate is nil. Temp is 78 degrees and salt 1.025 Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. F

What is this Hitchiker?

WHAT's that in the tank - a hitchhiker!! I turned on the light this morning and a pink plant had popped up and was swaying in the flow but after about 5 secs it had disappeared back into the rock and has not come out all day. Does anyone know what it is? Someone has told me it might be...
  4. F

Cuc - What would you recommend?

My tank is coming towards the end of it's 1st cycle and I am starting to think about what and how many cuc I should have. I have a 135L (35g) tank with both LR and live sand. I was thinking about peppermint shrimp, cleaner shrimp and snails but not sure which ones to go for. I would like a...
  5. F

Advice required - 1st cycle

I am on day 5 of a brand new tank set up with saltwater being added on Sunday evening and Today (Friday) being the 5th day. I have tested and not a lot happening Day 3 Nho4 - 0 no2 - 0 no3 - 5 Salt - 1.025 Temp 26.2 Day 5 nho4 - 0 No2 - 0 No3 - 5 Ph - 8. Tested for 1st time today Salt -...
  6. F

Refugium - must have, nice to have or luxury?

My tank is about a week old and I am trying to plan ahead. A number of threads talk about the above and installing one as your first cycle comes to an end. I have a Fluval M90 so sump is in the back therefore choices are limited. So the question is should I go for it and get one along with...
  7. F

Paul's New tank: Fluval Sea Reef M90, 135L -

After much research and viewing I decided to take the plunge and purchase the above tank. It was between the Fluval and RSM C130 and I chose the Fluvel for it's better length dimension as opposed to the cube looking RSM (personal preference as I know RSM has a big following). The lighting...
  8. F

Tank Location

Can you put a marine tank by a North facing window, no sunshine comes through the windows but obviously gets a lot of light?
  9. F

New Tank - Aqua Medic Chromis 140L

I am new to marine and looking to buy first tank and decided to buy second hand. I today saw the above tank on ebay and bid £83 and won. I was looking to buy a RSM d130 but saw the above and could not resist. It is complete with heater, lights and return pump, cabinet also included, has...
  10. F

Starting out and need some advice

Hi, have recently joined forum for advice. I have had 2 small tropical tanks for past 3 years and always wanted to upgrade to marine but never taken the plunge. I have decided to take the plunge via the purchase of a second hand tank to see how it goes and time required to develop and look...