Search results

1. kenandmoose2

HELP! Bryopsis problem..

So I have been dosing tech m for quite some time now with a mag ppm of above 1500. I haven't seen any changes in the bryopsis. I did a period of lights out on the tank a while back of about 5 days and nights. I ramped the lights back up after that. I'm not sure how long is safe for the coral to...
  2. kenandmoose2

Kenandmoose's 180

Ok so I have a 40b that has been up and running for getting close to a year now. I have been wanting to move up into a bigger tank and finally pulled the trigger on a 180. So now the big process begins of putting it all together. Ill try to post pictures as it comes together. I have many things...
  3. kenandmoose2

Has anyone seen a brain do this before

Im not sure what my brain coral has going on here but its interesting. It doesn't look like it is in distress or anything but it kinda looks like its feeding on the rock under it. Here are some pictures
  4. kenandmoose2

Sea slug id

Well my girlfriend is breaking down her fish tank. She wants me to take all of her corals out of there but I keep finding bad stuff in there. The latest thing I found is a couple of sea slugs and an aptaisa. I was wondering if anybody could give me an idea if these are bad sea slugs or good. I...
  5. kenandmoose2

First BTA

Bought my first BTA last night and it had a clown that was hosting it. My question is the clown doesn't seem to know where her nem went. Is there anything I should try to help her or just give her some time to see if she finds him? The nem is on the move but I suspect that it has found a place...
  6. kenandmoose2

Maix mini

I bought a maxi mini about 2 weeks ago and it has to be my favorite thing in my tank right now. So I picked up 2 more last night. They look amazing under the blues. My question is how do I get them to release there grip so I can move them where I want them with out hurting them. I placed one on...
  7. kenandmoose2

Monster emerald crab

Apparently I have grown a monster emerald crab. I was watching the tank last night as the lights were trimming back on my tank and out of one of my rock caves a massive claw extends and grabs a chunk of something off of a rock. I just about ****. I have seen quite a few of these guy's in other...
  8. kenandmoose2

Coral banded shrimp

My coral banded shrimp was acting funny last night. I couldn't figure out why but in the end he/she tore its claws off. After that it was just hanging out in the tank. Not hiding like normal but I thought it was a little weird. This morning I noticed one of its antennas was laying on a rock and...
  9. kenandmoose2

kenandmoose's 40 gallon breeder

I have been interested in starting a saltwater tank for years. Well this was the year for it I guess. I started with a 40 breeder and have had it up and running now for about 2 and a half months and it seems to be doing well. The tank has cycled once and seems to be pretty stable. I have about 3...