Search results

1. lferrero

Luis' new Red Sea Max C250

An update, from far far away: a new photo of the same aquarium PD: If there is still people with interesting RSM C250 mods, it would be great to know
  2. lferrero

Mandatory hello

Hello Ninja! Hello and Welcome! or ハローと歓迎
  3. lferrero

New RSM 250

Welcome fellow reefer!
  4. lferrero

Which showpiece crab for algae?

If you are going to buy an Emerald Crab buy a female. Some males can pick on your corals. If you are asking how to identify a male you'll notice they grow larger than females an usually have BIG claws.
  5. lferrero

HELP! Overly Aggressive Ocellaris Clown

When i decided to go from a 95 gal to a redSea Max 250 (65 Gal) i had only a pair of tomato clowns with a very aggressive female. I kept clowns in the 95 Gal and added a fairly big fox face, a sailfin tang (also a size comparable with the size of the female clown) to the new 65 Gal. then left...
  6. lferrero

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

It was like one inch over the point of the optical sensor. Q: Once the sensor turns on the pump, How does the system turns off the pump? Is it the optical sensor or just a timer? (now if the overflow sensor will stop the pump in case water gets too high, but let's suppose that the pump stops...
  7. lferrero

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off

Hello reefers, Yesterday i installed a Tunze Osmolator 3155 on the rear tank of a Red Sea Max C250. Water level was perfect, but then, at 4 am, the alarm went off. I went to check the controller and there was three red lights on. The water was too high so the overflow sensor start the alarm...
  8. lferrero

Feeding in the RSM 250

I use a floating feeder ring so i do not have to turn off the pump and skimmer. It helps keeping the food out of the surface skimmer while the food start to slowly sink. You can find them on any pets supply store: here's an example...
  9. lferrero

Thanks Adrienne! I also have a Blenny that helps me keeping clean the sand. I have only five fishes, one coral banded shrimp, and a very helpful cleaning crew because the system is only three months old so this is a lot for an aquarium that new. In any new system, as i am sure you know, is...
  10. lferrero

TGIF in Luis' Red Sea Max C250
  11. lferrero

Randy's 130D

Hello Randy, it is probably a Elysia obtusa http://www.nudipixel.net/photo/00042882/ http://www.nudipixel.net/species/elysia_obtusa/
  12. lferrero

Hello To All

Welcome Fellow Reefer! :hug1:
  13. lferrero

Rush hour in Luis' new Red Sea Max C250:
  14. lferrero

They are! Those are my oldest. When i change from a 95 Gal. to a 65 Gal. Red Sea Max C250 i have to keep them in the 95 for three month so i can introduce new live stock on the 65, i also change the reef scape on the 95 so they can get a little confuse. After that, i move the clowns to the 65...
  15. lferrero

... and it walks like a worm
  16. lferrero

Hello fellow reefers! an update on my RS Max C250 and an unidentified critter (is there anyone capable of identifying it by this photo?):
  17. lferrero

Auto Feeder For RSM C-250

Hello Neildradfor, Here's an interesting idea for a feeder on your C250. i hope it helps. http://wamas.org/forums/topic/42018-feeder-platform-for-the-rsm-130/#entry354395
  18. lferrero

Hello all... :)

Hello nightwind2012 , and Welcome back to the hobby! Starting in RS is a good decision, despite being in the hobby for 10 years joining the blog helped me a lot. Now I know one thing: that I knew nothing :welcomera
  19. lferrero

Basically i do the same, and also syphon some of the little green that forms on top of the sand. Thanks!
  20. lferrero

Hello Friends! my question today is: When I perform my weekly water changes (15%) I usually syphon some of the sand. is it something wrong with syphoning the sand? Would i be removing beneficial bacteria? or Should i only syphon water an detritus over the rocks? Thanks!