Search results

1. G

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

That's very helpful thanks Glenn - appreciate your time in responding. I just wanted to get an experienced long standing RSM owners perspective on what works.
  2. G

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Sorry the question was probably misleading... I also love the look of the RSM 250 & have seen & followed with interest the many successful tanks online. I am sure you have tried a lot of things, which you wouldn't do again. So I was more asking, if you got a standard RSM 250 out the box today...
  3. G

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Hi Glenn Thanks for all your handy advice over the years. I have an RSM 250 which is 3 years old now but nothing really impressive. I would like to ask you if you had to start your stock RSM 250 again with 6 years of experience what would you do?
  4. G

A successful RSM 250 Refugium in the media rack

I realise this is an old post but was wondering how the two RSM 250 Media Rack fuges are coming along or have they been ditched. I saw Danreef had his chaeto stop growing & he had to restart (in his tank thread)... Would you do it again guys? Would you encourage others to start a fuge in the...
  5. G

January 2015 TOTM!

Great Tank - what an inspiration!!!
  6. G

Grant's RSM 250

7. G

Grant's RSM 250

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ByygKI4Wu4c/U8OCaHqitHI/AAAAAAAAAAc/Q25P_C_5sBk/s640/IMG-20140711-01150.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-lVvqQsfHPYU/U8OCbTNI45I/AAAAAAAAAAk/srS5LfgXQ4I/s640/IMG-20140711-01153.jpg...
  8. G

Grant's RSM 250

So after doing lots of reading I have built a Upflow algae scrubber... It is modified to float in the back left chamber of the stock RSM as I do not have a sump and has a surface area of around 20 in sq with floats on only the length edges. It has 2*3W 640nm red LED's & runs off a Hagen Elite...
  9. G

Weird Problem with "easy corals"

So general consensus is the Zoas & mushrooms are being underfed. I will try to increase coral feeding to twice a week at first, so that there is not a "green revolution". Thanks for all the comments everyone.
  10. G

Are reds & blues more suited to lower or higher light intensities?
  11. G

Lights are standard T5's & changed every 12 months They are currently 5 months old The Mushrooms are on the bottom as I was trying to get a lower light level for them? The one group of green zoas is high up the other orange are high up. Flow is not a great thing more mushrooms I have...
  12. G

I have a fairly mature reeftank an RSM 250 with a lot of "developing" corals & a few fish. I seem to be able to succeed at most corals but impossible to grow zoas & shrooms??? These are supposed to be the most easy of all corals to keep. The zoas are semi closed all the time & the shrooms...
  13. G

Danny's white RSM S-400

This is the kind of inspirational workmanship & dedication that keeps hacks like me motivated to carry on!!! Absolutely magnificent - well done
  14. G

█ █▀▀ A R C • L a g o o n ▀▀▀▀███ ► Nexodos Red Sea Max 250L

Amazing tank!!! Just cant stop look at your pics... I also do NSW changes & have had tons of people say that this causes huge problems with DOC etc, so really glad to find the most amazing RSM 250 tank ever with NSW changes. On the RSA East coast our NSW Dkh is sometimes in the low 7's, so I...
  15. G

Mark's Red Sea Max 250 Adventure

Mark I haven't had bubble issues before. (Many other tank issues but not bubbles!!!) I replaced the Hydor Skimmer pump with a Sicce as it was giving restarting hassles & made a racket!!! No problems in 3 years with the Sicce. My water level is always above the height of the black tank rim...
  16. G

Shadi's red sea max 250

Hi Shadi At the top of the Skimmer on the far right side of the lid there is a small hole into which a short 20cm long pipe is inserted. This is the suction/air inlet which when the pipe is in place dampens the sound significantly (probably 30% on mine) I am not sure of the skimmer model you...
  17. G

Ashr's RSM 250!

Ashr - I am trying to find out some good biological filtration methods that work in the RSM setups without a separate sump. Do you still run your refugium in the back right chamber with the LED's?
  18. G

DianaKay's RSM 250

I saw in a post somewhere that you were thinking of putting a Algae scrubber in the back of your tank, did you ever follow through with that or know of anyone who has done this? I am very interested in the Surf2 Santa Monica type units. Probably just wont fit in to one of the 2 possible places...
  19. G

Shadi's red sea max 250

Are you running the Skimmer with the "silencer pipe" extended out the back?
  20. G

Grant's RSM 250

Beautiful contrast in top left now with the torch, GSP, Pulsing Xenia & of course the yellow tang has to be in every shot LOL!!!