Search results

1. Mr.Reeefer

Quarantine tanks.

Hi Mate, You always need to acclimatise when moving something into different water temps and parameters. What I have found works great and is less stressful on fish is some form of plastic jar that fits whatever fish you are trying to Catch, fish HATE nets, I will never use a net again...
  2. Mr.Reeefer

Bryopsis-Trying to not Give Up!

The help you needed has arrived I think Diana
  3. Mr.Reeefer

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

WWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!! I think i am almost as excited as you are mate, and I don't even have the equiptment!!!! I look forward to hearing about how this has changed your tank for you in the right way, as I rub my crystal ball I see many sps purchases in the future, that grow out of...
  4. Mr.Reeefer

Interesting..... Once again, I have no insight into this issue, And with that in mind Di, all I can advise is be calm and patient. I have no idea of the growing speed of this Bryopsis, but I'm sure you will have enough time to wait for your cure before it does serious damage to your tank...
  5. Mr.Reeefer

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Hi mate, Just skimmed your thread, will go into more detail with it when I get some time. LOVE THE COLONIES MAN!!!! tank looks great!! Take care and happy reefing
  6. Mr.Reeefer

Oxy's RSM250

Hi Mate, just checked out your thread, great corals, growth and photos dude. When I get a chance I want to watch that spawning vid. Also I agree with the less is more attitude. take Care and happy reefing!
  7. Mr.Reeefer

I have no advice to give Diana, sorry, but, I'm curious as to know how it got there in the first place, any new additions lately? maybe you have already said how it got there, but will so much reading I do I may have forgotten.
  8. Mr.Reeefer

Hey mate, Remember giving up is not an option! You'll beat it, just stay calm, think and try. I look forward to reading about how you exterminated it. Take care
  9. Mr.Reeefer

Certified Master Electrician here to help!

Hi RS electricians, I would like to say, thank you for offering your services to us here, we could all ask an electrician where we are from, but what makes you guys special is, you are reefers!! I have read what you posted regarding big al, but I understood none of it, no fault of your own...
  10. Mr.Reeefer

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Thank you for the response, you have converted me, now I just have allot of reading to do, this dosing isn't easy if your not properly informed. I have been reading in depth about Vodka, sugar and vinegar, to reduce nitrate and phosphates, and other reading you would recommend? Thanks
  11. Mr.Reeefer

Fragging palythoa

Clean everything very good after fragging, and I mean everything, empty out water, rinse, and rinse again
  12. Mr.Reeefer

My toadstool found a home I'm a snail shell

Hahaha cool stuff, I love it
  13. Mr.Reeefer

Wrangy's 50 Gallon Reef Cube

Great News mate!!!!
  14. Mr.Reeefer

Brine Shrimp

Put a lamp directly over the brine shrimp, this will help to add heat and help hatching... Good luck
  15. Mr.Reeefer

yorkieUK's 4ft Glass Box (170 ltr UK / 45 gal US)

Hi Mate, Tank is looking great and good to see your enjoying yourself, I remember when you first started out, you've come a long way!!! It hope your health Improves for you mate, take care and happy reefing
  16. Mr.Reeefer

Mugshot thread!

Me with a small yellowtail kingfish caught outside Sydney, he was released after the photo. This is my lady Gina holding a cracker bream caught out of Port Hacking in Sydney, this fish was released after the photo also.
  17. Mr.Reeefer

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Hi Glenn, I haven't commented much on your chronicle but I am always popping through and taking a peek. I talk to people I meet about your tank, as it is IMO a masterpiece to look at but also in design and science. I have a question though about your methods. I know about your...
  18. Mr.Reeefer

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Couldn't have been said any better
  19. Mr.Reeefer

Why I love my yellow tang :)

Very very cool, when my hand is in the tank he is always swimming around my hand, then if I point out one finger he comes to the finger on his side and stays still waiting for a pat. When people come over and I show them they are amazed, they think fish just swim around in a complete daze all...
  20. Mr.Reeefer

Chalice Growth

I have just acquired a chalice, I've read there very slow growers, good job Di, I think it's beautiful now!!!