Search results

1. B

Two blue spots getting along so far

Good coloration. They dont seem stressed so excellent. However, I am not sure if they will be able to make a burrow, you could add some PVC. I normally place PVC horizontal to the bottom of the aquarium, create like an T or U shaped structure and put a small rock (make sure it doesnt move or...
  2. B

Two blue spots getting along so far

Hi there Unfortunately there is no way to know whether they are male or female unless is during mating season which tends to occur If I am not wrong, in summer or at least when the water is hottest (around 70 degrees farenheit). I have had mixed results with BSJ, same as everyone. Its all down...
  3. B

Building the BSJ a new home

hey guys This forum has gone very quiet lately so I wanted to share my experiences with my BSJ. As some of you might remember I had a BSJ a year ago. The fish was never well, he was always stressed and sick, had ich, cloudy eyes, spots everywhere. It took a lot of effort to keep him in...
  4. B

am I just panicking? White coloring on new BSJ

Hi Oxylebius Sorry I have been away from the fish world for a month! Benito is doing great. Very sociable is always out and about, loves swimming around the tank. He has a few spots where he likes to hang and he got used to the cleaner shrimps and now lets them clean him as well. The...
  5. B

Hey guys, just an update so things got worse with Benito here After a day or two more spots started appearing on the its top and sides Then lucky him, a couple of days later he got an eye infection, I think he probably hurt himself digging. The next day he was all white...
  6. B

Ok so I thought I should give you all an update, the little lad is still alive and doing ok. No signs of illness or change in his behaviour. If anything he has become more active. He has absolutely made a mess of the aquarium digging wholes everywhere. He has decided the whole back of the...
  7. B

Hey lads

hey gasturbineguy The sump was made in Ireland (obviously I live in ireland!) in a place called Seahorse Aquariums. Here is a pic of the sump the sump is very small, probably around 10 G of real water volumen. The reason I got them to build one was because I wanted to free up...
  8. B

Attacked.

Gutted for you... sorry to hear it...
  9. B

Hi thedru13 As Oxylebius has said, it was all because of the BSJ and because I heard they do better at lower temps. I just to run my aquarium at around 80 degrees but because of the BSJ I decided to lower the temperature a bit and bring it closer to 75. I dont think I will go any lower than...
  10. B

Hey lads

Hey! So as promised a couple of pictures of my first setup Very simple nothing fancy just a couple of snowflakes and my lovely jellowfish. A couple of cleaners, a pom pom crab, few snails, also an elegance coral, star polyps and a Xenia. I miss that little jawfish, he had such a...
  11. B

My water is ok so far Ammonia NH3 0.0001 Nitrites 0 Nitrates less than 5 ppm Salinity 1.024 Temp 77 degrees Mg and Ca is 1360 and 440 respectively pH 8.21 atm I have a 4 24 W T5HO, only using 3 of them, 2 actinic (1 KZ superblue and 1 Red Sea 22K), 1 KZ Fiji purple, I also have a...
  12. B

Hey there I give them very little food 3 times a day (during weekends) twice during normal week days (very little in the morning). But you are right, just in case, I am keeping an eye on ammonia and algae just in case I need to reduce the feeding frequency as I have only recently added...
  13. B

Sorry mate, horrible news. You only got it 3 days ago? That was very quick. Poor thing.
  14. B

Oh man, sorry to see that I am gutted for you. I will keep an eye on mine and hope for the best... The white stuff seems to have gone away since I took the picture yesterday, only that funny looking mark remains, same shape, hasn't gotten any bigger. Hhe was swimming around this morning and I...
  15. B

Hi wscttwolfe Yeah, I am starting to think I am just panicking. It would make sense as I know that the jawfish was well looked after by the LFS. It just that I would hate to lose him, so far he is very sociable and not shy at all, he is still a bit suspicious but he has got used to the...
  16. B

Hey lads

Just wanted to say hello I have been reading this forum for a while (specially the blue spotted jawfish section) so I thought I should take a moment to say hello I am new at this, I have got my first aquarium last xmas as a present from my wife. It was the typical freshwater aquarium pack...
  17. B

Should I start the new tank thread here? I might as well... I will get my pictures ready :)
  18. B

Thanks for uploading my pic and for the help... ;) I will have a look at that link, it has lots of info about diseases, definitively a good link to have and thank you all for your warm welcome! :)
  19. B

hey guys I know this is my first post but I have been reading this forum for a while now, got some good tips here that I have used to acclimate my BSJ to its new tank. Ok, so long story short, I got my BSJ 2 days ago. He has been pretty social so far and the very first day he had already...