Search results

1. kathywithbirds

TINY koi pond filter?

So now that we have a nice backyard I want to do a tub koi pond, about a 25g tub I think, but the pond filters out there are minimum 1000gph jobbies. Anybody got some cool DIY or mod ideas?
  2. kathywithbirds

The Maryland 2.5 pico

Victor sent me sumpin!!! he he he. Pictures to come, I gotta go to work soon. Mike set up a 2.5g pico with fine sand and a nice lookin' rock. The lighting is still.... undetermined. He got a lamp from ebay and the thing sputtered after a month. He's thinkin of getting a screw in 26w pc...
  3. kathywithbirds

The MACNA 25g goes freshwater

Hey y'all So remember when I won that 25g tank at MACNA... what year was it, 2009? Well, it was a great salt tank back in Jersey but here in Maryland Mike's setting it up as fresh. Mostly because we're fairly certain we we won't be staying as long in one spot this time and it's easier to...
  4. kathywithbirds

DC area LFSs??

So we moved to MD in early August. The area's really nice. Haven't found any fish stores though. Mike might set up his 10g tank for freshies, we'll see. THe house is a rental so we can't really set the 75g up. Anyone know where the good LFSs are around the DC metro/suburb area? :fishy...
  5. kathywithbirds

Wait... have I been here before?

I get lost easily. I am NO LONGER in the ghet-TO that was formerly my domicile. Freakin YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now reside in a quite upscale neighborhood and will NEVER AGAIN acquiesce to the husband's ideas of what is an acceptable place of abode. Unfortunately, we're probably not going...
  6. kathywithbirds

Fish trapping tricks?

MiniMoe wasn't HORRIBLE to catch. Unfortunately, the other BW saddle clown, Micro, is WAY more skeptical about the whole deal. I have a cylinder trap. I have to sit there with the string holding up the door, which Micro ain't happy about. I've tried covering myself in a blanket. She...
  7. kathywithbirds

MiniMoe need a good home!!

I will miss MiniMoe!! I think she is a he. ANYway... Pair of BW saddleback clowns. A. Polymnus. One, the bigger, is ORA. Darker brown. Minimoe, who is now the smaller of the two, is a lighter brown, I got MM from ChrisnBarb. What, 3 years ago? 4? Please keep them together. They...
  8. kathywithbirds

75g tank. $300 with schtuffs

So... we move!! ... and the big tanks go :( I'm selling the 75g with: 4' sunpod, two 150W MH, pretty sure bulbs need replaced. 4' cheapy flourescent fixture. Koralia 2 PH Koralia 3 PH aquatic lifesystems fuge, I figure it's like 15g total return pump. I have no idea what it is...
  9. kathywithbirds

75g tank, stand, fuge, sunpod... spring

Well we should hear in about two weeks where we're headed this tour. Please god, somewhere warm. ANYway, I think we're going to put up the 75 for sale. RR, overflow's in the left corner. Black pine (I think) stand, the basic wood one. Glass covers, although they're a little beat up and...
  10. kathywithbirds

Helloooooooooooooo ...

Been a while. Been doing this and that and working and not working and doing tanks and not doing tanks etc. etc. etc. etc. ...... So it's gonna be movin time this spring/summer!!! Have to sell the 75. There's little in it at this point but MiniMoe and MicroMoe (who ain't so micro lemme...
  11. kathywithbirds

Evil camel shrimp?

Hi guys, been a while. Busy busy, life just gets in the way. Question I can't find on camel shrimps - will they eat fish? A couple of my little tiny gobies have vanished and he's a suspect.
  12. kathywithbirds

Happy Birthday Panmanmatt!!!

:dance: :drunk: :dance: :hallo: :wave: :bugout: :alien: :clink: :shades: :poke: :makefun: :jumprope: :smoking: :bluenod: :crowd: :crowd: :crowd: :crowd: :crowd: :crowd: :hug1: :jester: :faces: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :bday1:
  13. kathywithbirds

My CBB

I LOVE her!! Wasn't sure she was eating at first, then I got some littleneck clams from the supermarket, smashed one up and dropped it in, it was plenty for all of the fishies to eat and she picked at it long after the others had their fill. And guess what? SHE'S EATING THE AIPTASIA...
  14. kathywithbirds

The Woodstock Picasso Clown Club!!

he he. Mine have settled in and are checking out the tank, at least the frontage for now. They have a routine even: sleeping in separate mushrooms, then a lazy morning of checking out some rockage, then the smaller "male"?? plays in the flow while the larger "female" (yeah, I'm assigning...
  15. kathywithbirds

Hey Al...

he he he. Looky what I did!! (I don't THINK I've posted this pic.)
  16. kathywithbirds

OT about some rough replies

Is it me or have I been reading a bit more rough replies lately? OK, no name calling or anything but there've been some threads where people (newbies?) aren't sticking to the prim and proper AFA stocking, cycling, etc. And there's been some replies that are a little much for me. Yes, point...
  17. kathywithbirds

Carpet itch... ooo I want one...

I've wanted a carpet forever. The standard "Nemo" with a 'nem synrdrome I guess. I blame Woodstock for the carpet thing, hers is freakin gorgeous. Plus I like the a. polymnus BW saddleback clowns. SOOOooo... where could I put this thing? 75g: RBTA with a maroon, scopas tang, 6-line...
  18. kathywithbirds

Maroon clownfish details -- barring Q

Alright, so I've been able to spot tomatoes that will have the yellow in the stripe and those that wil not. And they're usually labeled in the LFSes anyway. BUT when I google or ask about maroons with yellow stripes I get nowhere adn blank looks, respectively. I have a maroon who has...
  19. kathywithbirds

ACK! Dead fly in my fuge? Is he food?

I just topped off, I do it from teh fuge/sump area... there's a dead fly in there and the pods are chowing down!!!! Should I get it outta there or can they eat it? :eek: :barf:
  20. kathywithbirds

OT: Philly elephant death

:( We're members. Just saw her a week or so ago. :( Oldest African Elephant In U.S. Zoo Dies In Philadelphia - News - MSNBC.com