Search results

1. M

Red Sea Max 130D for sale- Camarillo, Calif.

All good things must come to an end. Finally have my tank established but it must go. Turbofloter 500 skimmer, LED moodlights, Koralis pump, Twin Eheim pumps from Steves, Steves in-basket, Jaeger heater, 40lbs live rock, Hammer coral, Green Star Polyp, Austrailian Duncans, Kenya Tree, Green...
  2. M

Wanted: Red Sea return pump loc line

Greetings, I need some Loc Line from a Red Sea return pump. I know many of you have replaced your pumps with the upgrade so if you have any extra Loc Line please let me know. I tried another brand and it just doesn't fit snug enough. Willing to pay shipping and reasonable cost. Many...
  3. M

Green bubble algae- removal?

I have had a few balls of green bubble algae popping up lately. On my last rock I took it out and tried to remove the bubble. One of them popped. Is the rock now trash or can I let it sit out for a few weeks to dry and wait for the spores to die? I really don't want a tank full of this stuff...
  4. M

Good, Bad or indifferent green algae? <pic>

As most of my live rock is beginning to be covered in purple corraline I have these green spots of hard algae. I never had hairy green algae during cycling but certainly don't want this to get away if it isn't good. Any ideas?
  5. M

Questions on adding a TLF phosban reactor to RSM 130D

After 4 months this newbie has had a difficult time reducing his phosphates which are usually .25-.5. Currently I use Purigen and CPE in my Intank basket and complete bi-weekly water changes. I run a Turboflotor 500 which seems to skim very well though it does make a loud pulsing sound from...
  6. M

Turboflotor 500 overfills after feeding time

Greetings, I picked up a Turboflotor 500 based on the recommendations here and it seems to skim very good. However, when my Apex controller goes into feeding mode the skimmer's foam cup will overflow once the pumps turn back on. I have tried this with the skimmer staying on during feeding and...
  7. M

4 weeks of cycling- Are these acceptable parameters?

After working to keep my nitrates down they seem to be steady at 40ppm. After a 50% water change they will gradually creep up during the week. Red Sea Max 130D with 40lbs of live rock, live sand and no skimmer currently running. I do have a CPR running with NP Active pearls. I need to test...
  8. M

Proper water movement? Pumps, wavemakers and the overflow box

As my tank continues to cycle I would like to begin fine tuning it so it is ready to go when the time comes. My question is about the 130D's water movement and whether or not it is important to have the appropriate flow so the detritus and food particles are moved to the overflow box for quick...
  9. M

Newbie question- High nitrate levels during cycling

Well here it goes...... started a Red Sea 130D with live rock and live sand and no fish. Lights 1 hour per day and no skimmer. Only filter floss for now. Week 1- Dosed with Tim's One and Only and added ammonia chloride. Ammonia and Nitrites slightly spiked but were at 0 at end of week 1...
  10. M

Mudhutbob's RSM 130D..... the adventure begins

So..... after tackling a freshwater tank for my daughter I got excited and purchased a used RSM 130D. I still have lots of research to do but wanted to get some opinions on the start of my aquascaping. I used all live rock and sand and while small critters and plants have begun to emerge I...
  11. M

Hydor Nano Slim Skim install RSM 130D question

Greetings again, First... thanks for the help with my refractometer purchase. I ended up with the brs model so I have a few extra $$$ leftover for other equipment. It included the calibrating fluid too so it was a good deal. The 130D I bought used included a Hydor Nano Slim Skim. The...
  12. M

Are all refractometers created equal?

Greetings, As I begin my collection of equipment for starting my saltwater tank (newbie) I found various aquarium saltwater refractometers at all different price levels. Prices range from $28 to over $100. Looking at the pictures from various online aquarium supply dealers they all look...
  13. M

Starting used RSM 130D - use old media?

Greetings, I recently picked up a used RSM 130D and hope to start it up in a month or so. It has a Hydor 135.35 skimmer and InTank media basket. I saved the sponges and Chemi Pure Elite bag and put them in some Ziploc bags with RO water. My question is will these still be useful in a month...