Search results

1. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

So sorry, Daniel :( I lost the whole colony due to an alk issue. It's a sensitive one for sure. I have another blue one, but not as vibrant.
  2. ChrissyGil

Daniel's tank upgrade to RSM 250

Wow, awesome job, Daniel! It looks fantastic :D
  3. ChrissyGil

blue spot jawfish

Awesome fish, but big jumpers. They are really fun to watch and curious little buggers. My all time favorite fish, but I have been reluctant to get another after mine jumped out of a 1/2 inch space where the return hole in the screen top was.
  4. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thank you! I'm not sure what was wrong with the clams, they just started dying one by one and I couldn't save them :( I found out that my powder blue was the one nipping at them, but I'm not sure if that would stress them out enough to kill them or if there was a disease that went through the...
  5. ChrissyGil

RS Members Full Tank Shots

29 gallon wall tank
  6. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thank you! I use Bulk Reef Supply 2 part to dose. I recently used the new chemipure blue instead of elite and it doesn't suck up the alk the way the elite does. Before using it, I would have to dose 50 ml a day of the alk. Now I'm not sure of the dosage, because I wasn't aware that it would...
  7. ChrissyGil

RS Members Full Tank Shots

Thanks guys! I just updated the thread :D http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/85180-chrissys-rsm-250-a-6.html#post1259943
  8. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Here ya go Diana! Sorry for the long absence. Most everything has a good amount of growth now, except for a few missing pieces. I got monti eating nudibranches and lost the battle on the cap combo. For now, I replaced it with my red and blue-green chalice, but I would like to start over on...
  9. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thanks Daniel! I use a Nikon D5100 for the most recent pics, and the older pics were taken with a Fujifilm Finepix S8100.
  10. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thanks, Diana! I have had him for about 5 months now. I was adding bottled pods for him, but he was still getting very skinny...like skin and bones skinny. ( I think not rinsing some corals well enough after dipping in Bayer killed a lot of my pods) But a few weeks ago, I finally got him to...
  11. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thanks everyone! Thauro... I don't really feed the corals anything except the lobo and the BTA. The lobo gets some mysis once every month or so and the BTA gets some silverside halves a couple of times a week. Everything else just eats from the water column. NJ Reefer... I scrape the...
  12. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thanks so much! :woohoo:
  13. ChrissyGil

December TOTM

Wow, how exciting! Thank you everyone for the nomination and the votes...you guys are awesome! :spinner:
  14. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Everything has been doing great, no major issues. I did a little construction work on the tank, so I could add more corals. The stunner that was in the middle was just getting too big and stinging other corals with those long 4 inch sweepers, so replaced it with a pretty pink chalice with lemon...
  15. ChrissyGil

November TOTM

Congratulations! BEAUTIFUL tank! :swmfish:
  16. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thank you! I did end up moving the toad into the back left corner for now...it was starting to block the mushrooms and didn't look to good there. Haha Thanks! Thank you, Glenn! Thank you, Diana! You are too sweet!
  17. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Update! The nitrates are still around 10, but I'm just living with that, since I can't seem to get it lower in this tank. I switched salt mixes again to RS Coral Pro and I really like this one. Everything has been doing great except for a couple of things, and it all comes down to my darn...
  18. ChrissyGil

Chrissy's RSM 250

Thank you! I have gotten the Montis from different reefers in my local club. The green/ purple rim is the fastest growing for me. The red and purple pretty much have the same growth rate, and then the creamish green with blue polyps is the slowest grower. I do have another cap that I haven't...