Search results

1. harveymeister

Help saving the colors of a Brain Coral

I picked up a brain coral yesterday that is looking pretty bleached. I was told that it will probably end up staying that way. If I hand feed, will this help save it? Also, what is best to feed it to bring the colors back out? Below is a pic:
  2. harveymeister

Looking to sell my RSM 250 - $2500 (OBO)

Looking to sell my RSM 250 - $2500 (OBO) **Updated I am looking at selling my RSM 250 system complete. Below is what I have: Red Sea Max 250 - Bought in March 2013 (No livestock, rock or sand) Korallen Zucht Lights (3-Super Blue, 2-New Generation {14000k}, 1-Fuji Purple) 1 complete set of...
  3. harveymeister

Harveymeister's RSM S-500

So, I was out today, and found a Red Sea S-500 for sale. Went home and verified the measurements. Made the call and pulled the trigger. I am going in tomorrow to pay for the tank. The total is $2500 with a JBJ 1/4hp chiller. :dance: This is going to be one hell of a upgrade from my 250. After...
  4. harveymeister

Hang-On Algae Scrubbers

Hey there everyone. I have been looking for some information on a hang-on algae scrubber for my RSM250. I saw the HOG but am not sure what I should get or if it will work for my tank. I have read that having one of those on the tank would help keep the algae at bay in the DT. Any ideas or...
  5. harveymeister

Micro bubbles in my 250

Hey there everyone, I keep getting micro bubble coming and going in my tank. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and how you fixed it. I try to keep the skimmer dialed in and my filter floss clean. Any other suggestions?
  6. harveymeister

Harveymeister's 250

Hey there everyone, I just got here and am starting this thread to keep track of everything and get help when the time comes and things progress. I got the water in, live sand, and some dry and live rock. I am cycling the tank right now, so nothing living in the tank besides the rock. I am...