Search results

1. ReefingFun

ID of these white things please :)

Anyone could tell me what these are? They suddenly appeared this week in my sump, about 8 of them white egg-like things.
  2. ReefingFun

Reefing's 150g custom build

Hello everyone, It's been a while since I had the chance to write here. Though I'm happy that the first post after that while is one filled with the joy of having a brand new tank :) Thanks to my lovely gf, who sponsored and surprised me with everything, I'm the proud owner of a custom build...
  3. ReefingFun

ID wanted

Just saw a couple of these on my new live rock. First thought is Aiptasia, but want to make sure.
  4. ReefingFun

Lobophyllia and porite location

Just got 2 new additions to the tank. A lobophyllia hemprichii and a porite sp. Both seems to need medium to high flow and same with lighting. So was hoping to get some input on their current location. I got the standard RSM 250 lights btw and the corals are between 1/4 to 1/2 of the depth...
  5. ReefingFun

Fighting algae with bacteria - Test

I've been having an algae outbreak for the past month or so. At first my parameters were fine, phos 0 and nitrate <10ppm. Though since 3 weeks ago they been climbing steadily. I did WC almost twice a weak to get the nitrates down and remove the algae manually, without much success. My RSM...
  6. ReefingFun

Clownfish - wide open mouth with red spots

I noticed today that my male clownfish has his mouth wide open and has some small red spots around it. It doesn't seem red inside his mouth, but only around it. He didn't eat today, and keeps to his coral most of the time. I first though it could be the jaw locked, but then 5 min ago he...
  7. ReefingFun

Reef ...POND!?

Found this interesting video of a man who is moving to a new house and hired this Sam guy to design an outside reef pond 6435 gallons or 24.000 liters! I must say, I never imagined this was even possible. That's taking "reef junkie" to a whole new level if you see that equipment! I still...
  8. ReefingFun

Aquatopia Belgium

Thought I'd share some pics from our trip to Aquatopia. It's a fish / reptile "zoo" in Belgium. It was fun and learned some new species :> I'm not that good in taking pictures so they aren't of the best quality. Taken with a normal camera. Album...
  9. ReefingFun

ReefingFun's RSM 250

After a lot of whining I got permission from the misses to upload a couple of pictures from our RSM 250. It's still in the process of being "put up", meaning we are taking it very slow and not adding too much in this one. I took some corals from my grannies tank at the university. Some of...
  10. ReefingFun

WTB Macro Algae

Like the title states , I'm currently looking for some macro algaes like chaeto or others to put in a refugium. Adress: Leuven - Belgium - Europe I'll pay the shipping costs ofc. Cheers!
  11. ReefingFun

ReefingFun's Clam Log

Hope nobody minds, but I thought it would be interesting to share my video logs of my 1st clam. Nothing really special, but I for one like to see the evolution in these things and document it. The clam's name is Mysto and was doing 'okish' at the store, but not really opening up. I'm not the...
  12. ReefingFun

Coral ID

Could anyone confirm which coral species this is please. I'm thinking it's a Colt Coral, but just want to make sure. Rescued this baby, so not sure what species it is. (grannie brought it in yesterday after a student at uni was done experimenting on it -.- - douchebags everywhere...)
  13. ReefingFun

SW keeping in Europe - A Starters Guide

I've been working on this for several months now and I will keep on working on it for mostly my whole reefing "career" tbh. Simply put, I found it a nightmare to start out with the hobby in Belgium / Europe, as you barely got any decent communities in my area nor shops. In Belgium there are 4...
  14. ReefingFun

Dutch Shops - Belgium

Decided to write down my experience with some Belgium shops that I had deals with in the last year. I realize there are very very few Dutchies on this forum, but for those of us trying to crawl our way out of the very low representation of reef keepers, here is a list of my experiences...
  15. ReefingFun

Moving soon - New tank perhaps!

Morning all, So I've finally got my first job (yeey finally graduated:>) and now ofc with that comes the possibility that we might move out in September-October. Plans are being made atm, but one of the bigger and more important plan is: new home for my fish. Gilleke (my orange spotted...
  16. ReefingFun

RSM 250 - Pump#2 broke - chiller not cooling cause of it?

Hey all, So a couple of days ago my pump#2 broke down and I'm still waiting on a replacement. Since then my chiller is on 24/7 and can't seem to get the temperature on a normal level. It's "stuck" on 27-28 degrees Celsius and doesn't ever shut down or reach the set temp. Does this have to...
  17. ReefingFun

Orange Spotted Diamond Goby - food

So I recently got my "clown" of the aquarium, we call him Sparrow. It's a Orange Spotted Diamond Goby and now I'm wondering if he needs extra food at all? In the store and on the net they say it's enough to have a mature substrate that he can feed on. However every time I feed my clowns, he...
  18. ReefingFun

BTA 50-50 open/closed

Got my BTA for a while now and was doing great till 3 days ago. Suddenly overnight one half closed and the other open. Ria - named after my mother, not for beauty, but for the sting -still eats good and the mouth ain't wide open. I removed some small mysis out of the closed half that was...
  19. ReefingFun

Low pH - problem identified but help needed

I've been having a low pH reading for the past 3 days now -7.6 to 7.7 - and identified the problem by process of elimination. I believe the pH is low due to not enough aeration in the apartment. Considering it's really cold here I can't just open a window for most of the day. Now I read about...
  20. ReefingFun

Zebrasoma gemmatum?

My gf loves this tang and our LFS just mailed me that he got one in. Now I don't know much about this type of tang, but I do know that I'm gonna need to prostitute myself to pay for it :O His price is 1000 euro ( ~1300 dollar). Just wondering now if they are that rare that the price is so...