Reef ...POND!?

ReefingFun

Found this interesting video of a man who is moving to a new house and hired this Sam guy to design an outside reef pond 6435 gallons or 24.000 liters!
I must say, I never imagined this was even possible. That's taking "reef junkie" to a whole new level if you see that equipment!

I still can't figure out how they are going to keep everything clean tbh.
<---Still jealous!

[video=youtube;BPS76_7xg4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPS76_7xg4M&feature=share&list=UUCzKPoHKV7TZal7Hf2aEGCA[/video]

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Lol I almost did this on my 12 ton pond until I calculated the setup and maintenance cost. Would be seriously cool though :)

Mdk16

That's awesome. The only change I would make would be to add a glass or plastic viewing side panel as it will be difficult to see the animals/coral from the top surface. Looking forward to seeing it built.

DaveK

It is one fantastic looking system. It also seems to be the sort of system where you hire a company to maintain it for you, because I just don't see this sort of thing being a one person type of job. I'm not sure how all that viewing from the top is going to work out. Many fish are dark along the back, so they will not be seen be other predators. I can just imagine having the bulk of the fish population wiped out by the local birds.

Well, we'll have to see it when it's all done. Even more to the point, seeing it after it's been running after 5 years. Is it still that fantastic looking SW system, or had it been converted into a goldfish pond or filled in? Time will tell.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That is JUST TOO WILD!! I'd not even want to attempt any kind of maintaining to that monster reef.
I'm thinking sometimes BIGGER ain't gonna be better. LOL!
It might turn out to be the most expensive headache imaginable. :ponder2:

landshark

That is one Monster of a system. I think i have a nano thank after seeing that tank :smack:.
I can't wait to see the finish product and what it's going to be stock with.