Search results

1. J

my tank is dying out

What fish are in the tank and what do you feed and how much? I would also make a positive ID on the algae. All GHA is not created equal. IMO there is no faster better way to remove algae that to physically remove it while trying to rid the tank of excess nutrients/phosphates. Yeah its...
  2. J

DSB Thoughts

Thinking of starting another reef system and would like to use a RDSB that is not kept in the DT. Has any one ever seen a DSB kept in a seperate tank but its use is for the DT. Also would it be possible to keep a DSB in several different Trays 6" deep so that if the substrate needed cleaning...
  3. J

Urgent Help Needed - Water Problems!

Dont know what you have in your tank for corals. IMO..stop dosing all that stuff. Do a couple smaller water changes over the next week or 2 and let the water params settle down and balance themselves out a little. Your alk should come down naturally over this time period. Also during this...
  4. J

I am buying 500 lbs of LR

Thanks for the invite Gary. Im posting a pic of my tank right after set up over a year ago now! Im glad I took Garys advice and made sure to combine FLR and MLR. Didnt really know how to proprely set them up in the tank but you can see what I did. Seems to work fine this way. None of the...
  5. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

sasquatch
  6. J

Take a look at ReefBuilders April tank of the month

I am over at RB quite frequently as that is where I got my start. Most of the people that gave me help have left and gone to other sites now. RB is very new and therefore a lot of experience is lacking in some ares over there. Be thankful that we have the people here that make RS what it is...
  7. J

Sick Foxface?

Mine will change colors inside of 30 seconds. I used to hate it and said I would never have another one. I have learned to marvel at it and enjoy it now.
  8. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

flub
  9. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

reef
  10. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

deliver
  11. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

Skewed
  12. J

Serious Algae Issue

Id clean the LR as best as I can and cook it for a few mos in a garbage can or tub. Get my substrate cleaned up or replaced and start over. With no fish in the tank this is the easiest way out. IMO
  13. J

Just converted from RB!

Wheres the old goat? Glampka Never hear him anymore. Only person I know with a plenum in his tank. Is he posting underwear threads here too?
  14. J

Just converted from RB!

Wes: You cant get away from me my friend! Ill follow you everywhere!:bluemad:
  15. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

yammer
  16. J

Topic of the Month 02/07 - Sorting Good from Bad Advisers

Buy his equipment at 20 cents on the dollar!:woohoo: But really, I read a ton of stuff and spent a lot of time on the forums as some here know. It just seem to come together when I saw under some great tanks with the owner standing there explaining how it all worked. Ive been lucky to...
  17. J

Anemone Club!

WOW! Theres some great Pics here! Heres a unique one of my blue carpet.
  18. J

(OT) Just A Word Game

enema:help:
  19. J

Topic of the Month 02/07 - Sorting Good from Bad Advisers

Last time I checked there were 697 ways to have a successful reef tank. I found a couple great looking tanks in a local club and talked to the owners. Then I went and looked at their tanks in person. Went over their set ups with a fine tooth comb and copied them. If you are waiting for the...
  20. J

What is it to you??

I live in Atlanta GA. Its all about the Coke here.