Sick Foxface?

I noticed yesterday that my Foxface Lo was looking rather pale yellow instead of the usually bright, vibrant yellow that he is. I tested my water and
pH is a bit low at 7.8
Nitrate at 10
nitrite at 0
amonia at 0
specific gravity is about 1.026-1.027
temp 78-80

He's still eating well. He has caulpera in there and gets fed a mix of home made fish mush and nori. He's acting ok too. No marks on him that I can see.

So is he sick or am I just being paranoid??

Nervoustime

I don't think that it is unusual for a Foxface to change his colors. If you notice, when the lights go down at night, they completely change out of their vibrant yellow color. As long as he is eating well, I think that he will be ok. Keep feeding the nori!!! :)

Scouter Steve

How are you checking your S.G.? if it is hydrometer have you calibrated it? I notice my fish pale if S.G. goes to the high side. If you haven't heard (or use), a refractometer calibrated properly is worth it's weight in gold.

Just wanted to let you guys know that my foxface is ok. I don't know what the issue was, but I changed the food, just in case, and he's doing well. Thanks everyone!

Jimw369

That's great to hear.

Mine will change colors inside of 30 seconds. I used to hate it and said I would never have another one. I have learned to marvel at it and enjoy it now.

suncoral018.jpg

tbittner

:lol:

Yeah, they're kind of ugly when they're sleeping, aren't they. I have two of them and they're model citizens. Best algae eaters a person could find for a tank.