Search results

1. jrbass

RSM 130D Lots of Upgrades for sale St. Louis Area

Moving (divorce and she is getting the house) and cant take Tank with me. RSM 130d Tunze Skimmer and Media Rack 1/3 Hp Chiller MP10 Phosban Reactor 2 Osc. Clowns 1 Pajama Cardinal 1 Orange Stripe Goby 1 Pistol Shrimp Lots of clean up crew Tank has been up and running for 2 years...
  2. jrbass

For Sale RSM 130D lots of Upgrades St. Louis Area

Moving (divorce and she is getting the house) and cant take Tank with me. RSM 130d Tunze Skimmer and Media Rack 1/3 Hp Chiller MP10 Phosban Reactor 2 Osc. Clowns 1 Pajama Cardinal 1 Orange Stripe Goby 1 Pistol Shrimp Lots of clean up crew Tank has been up and running for 2 years...
  3. jrbass

Just picked up as RSM-34. Any recommended mods or fixes?

Tunze skimmer and Steve T media rack. As far as the chiller I had to do one to keep that fluctuation of the temps in check with the heat of the t5s and sealed lid design. Others say an ATO and that is on my to do next list.
  4. jrbass

Red Sea Max 130D protein skimmer

not sure. mediabaskets.com is where I got mine. I see your in Canada so not sure if they ship to you but worth checking into.
  5. jrbass

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

No Heat issues. It is a sealed unit and I attached it outside of the light lens towards the from of the tank. Yes it does add pop but I mainly use it for am before main lights go on and for a few hours at after main lights go out. I got the 453nm royal blue one.
  6. jrbass

Red Sea Max 130D protein skimmer

I got so tired of messing with the stock skimmer and the chamber of death and where to put Chemipure elite and Purigen I finally had to bite the bullet like a lot of us did and buy the Tunze 9002 skimmer and steve T media rack and absolutely have no regret. It was the best upgrade so far. Great...
  7. jrbass

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

I just added an Exotic stunner strip to accomplish what you are speaking of.
  8. jrbass

pistol shrimp

My Tiger has drug snails and coral frags into his den and also killed and ate a sea hare I had. He is cool and love to watch him but there are days where if I could catch him he would be gone. I fagged a bunch of pulsing xenia and had it on plugs sitting in egg crate on sand bed and the next...
  9. jrbass

Sometimes Wierd things happen!!

Problem is he is not a hitchhiker! I bought him and his partner in crime my orange stripe goby. Love them but they make it tough to have a nice sandbed and obviously a CUC that I don't have to keep replenishing. LOL
  10. jrbass

Sometimes Wierd things happen!!

I don't know about my corals moving on their own but usually knocked around by my CUC. However I do have an issue with Snails just flat out disappearing. Also had a Sea Hare disappear. Turns out while doing a little aquascaping I have a Pistol Shrimp that likes to prey on snails and evidently a...
  11. jrbass

Adive/Help/Input

Thank you Goma! 5 days seems a little pre-mature for livestock don't you think?
  12. jrbass

First Nano Reef Tank 3 Gallon

Slow Down Grass Hopper! I am pretty sure in 5 days your tank has not began to cycle. Not sure why you have a fish in there. Not trying to flame either but if your clown doesn't survive he will sure kick start a cycle.
  13. jrbass

Adive/Help/Input

How long has the tank been filled? Did you see the cycle process happen? (hopefully someone will post the graphic on the cycle) what did you use to kick start your cycle? also you should be at a salinity of 1.025 IMHO. Just looked back at your post tank filled for 5 days only? no way you made...
  14. jrbass

Chiller and GFO unit

I also didn't notice his DT size vs. Chiller size. I run a 1/10th on a red sea max 130D it will only run for about 5 minutes to get my temp right in the middle of summer. He may be a little undersized for sure but FLOW is his big problem right now and then we will see if he can hold temps in the...
  15. jrbass

Chiller and GFO unit

Ok here is your issue. Your GFO reactor has a valve to restrict the flow through it down to usually about 20GPM so as to lightly tumble the gfo. By doing this you are also restricting the flow through the chiller to the same amout 20GPM. Now having said this it is possible to run both off of a...
  16. jrbass

clearnet's RSM 130D

Probably need to see pics of those led strips too. Try to figure out what brand they are and go from there. They could be Stunner strips or Steve's Led moon light strips....Etc.
  17. jrbass

clearnet's RSM 130D

Yes as others have said... Welcome! First thing we do want is pictures and second in my opinion you need a skimmer and since you already have a media rack I would look at the Tunze9002 and upgraded skimmer cup. Also the new Red Sea return pump works great and is very quiet. You mentioned a...
  18. jrbass

Chamber of death questions 130d

You will get a few inputs on this but what I use and a lot of others use is Chemi-pure Elite in the middle and like you said zip tied up to the top shelf and then I use purigen on the lower shelf. The top I run filter floss all the time and rinse it about every 3 days and or replace it. I buy it...
  19. jrbass

Pix pix pix! lets see ur fav!

here are a couple only taken with cell phone.
  20. jrbass

Sy's 130D

Thanks. I am sorry guess I missed on the original read that you have 2 dual lamp fixtures. Thought it was just one. So yes it is more watts but you also are saying its a 36" fixture so you will have some of the lamps not projecting into your display tank as it is not that wide.