Search results

1. jerrad0328

Aquapod 24 Scum on top...

icstorc is absolutely right the main thing yuou need to do is is clean those blue sponges and regular water changes, also you might consider replacing one of the blue sponges down low in the back with LR rubble, then just keep one blue sponge above and redirect the water flow to come through the...
  2. jerrad0328

sump? or no sump? 24g aquapod

btw lynn i got rid of the choco chip star a couple days ago, when i brought home a new chunk of LR that had a pulsing zenia and a nice big hairy mushroom on it he went straight for the HM when i caught him he already had his innerds out and ready to munch. needless to say he was evicted shortly...
  3. jerrad0328

24 G AQUAPOD WITH SUMP and SKIMMER

i too am considering a sump for the 24g aquapod, i dont have any behind the tank room but plenty of room beneath the tank, if you find any good ideas for a small sump system w. overflow lemme know.. ive bee hearing that the sumps are a good idea because you gain more waterflow which gives you a...
  4. jerrad0328

i already swapped out the stock pump that came w/ the aquapod for a maxi jet 900 pump that runs alot quiter and cooler, could i reuse the stock pump for a return on the sump or should the sump be a larger more powerfull pump>?
  5. jerrad0328

wow looks like a have some options.. i have a larger 50gal tank thats not being used if the small 5 gal plexi box wouldnt be large enough. but it seems like it would be a bit overkill for a 24g, i think a 10 gal tank would be a good start, do i really need to resort to drilling the glass on my...
  6. jerrad0328

im contemplating building a small sump under my 24g aquapod, would anyone have any advice on this? i want to use this plexi box, and need to know where to install the ballasts, and if i should have a 2 stage or more, also how would this improve the overrall quality of the setup, everyone knows...
  7. family_pics_120

family_pics_120

8. jerrad0328

24g aquapod pump/pwrhd???

this is my tank as of 6/9/07 ive added some more LR, along with a pulsating zinea <--- not sure on the spelling and a hairy mushroom, im down to one yellowtail damsel for now, cleanup crew includes several snails a banded shrimp and some hermits. i also added some very fine caulerpa to the back...
  9. family_pics_115

family_pics_115

10. jerrad0328

24 Gallon Aquapod

definitely swap out the stock pump with a maxi jet 900 pump, their rated flow is better than stock and their cooler running so your tank will stay cooler, a skimmer and regular water changes, also yank the bio balls (the useless plastic balls) they suck for filtration and lead to high nitrates...
  11. jerrad0328

[/IMG]
  12. jerrad0328

[/IMG]
  13. jerrad0328

heres some pics of my tank as of tues 5/29/07 all levels are pretty stable, ive been getting my water from the LFS that i heard all thae bad stuff about, then this new guy at another shop showed me these cool ready made boxes of saltwater you can buy, like 5 gal of pure untainted saltwater for...
  14. jerrad0328

just returned from LFS with a nice clump of caulerpa, i tried a differant LFS this time and discovered some rather disturbing news about the other shops so called owner that has been "helping" me with my new hobby. the new shop guy has been around forever and WOW i would love to post some shots...
  15. jerrad0328

Yellow Tang not looking good

this is a feel good thread, i love reading the ones that have a happy ending.
  16. jerrad0328

yeah that sounds good, whats a remedy for high nitrates and phosphates?
  17. jerrad0328

thats my tank as you can see its not really all that pretty, any advice on this stuff?, thanks
  18. jerrad0328

19. jerrad0328

20. jerrad0328

hi nano-folks, ive had my 24g aquapod for about a year now and im just now starting to really discover what all that you can do with it, in the way of MODS. such as the filtration methods/setup whether or not to toss the bioballs of death and bluefoam, how to get maximum flow with the stock pump...