24 G AQUAPOD WITH SUMP and SKIMMER

hi there! just bought a 24 gallon aquapod, and im just wondering if it is worth building a sump and skimmer under the stand (i got room for it) if it is, where can i buy a sump or a idea how to build and where to get the parts. thank you. Philip

goldenmean

The cheapest way to have a sump is to buy a glass tank and add some cut glasss baffles to make a bubble trap. I am in the process of doing that now using a 15g tall AGA tank. Skimmer, heater, and return pump will go in it.
Here is a great site on sumps.Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums He works with acrylic but you'll get the idea.

CATALYST

I was just going to do what you are thinking. Everything wasn't a problem until I got to the part where you need an overflow that will work with the space back there. I finally returned all of the stuff I got to make it all and ordered a sapphire aquatics hang on refugium. I figured by the time I was done adding a 10 gal tank that would be about half full, it would end up being about as much water as a hang on the back one they have. I already have one of their skimmers and it works well.

jerrad0328

i too am considering a sump for the 24g aquapod, i dont have any behind the tank room but plenty of room beneath the tank, if you find any good ideas for a small sump system w. overflow lemme know.. ive bee hearing that the sumps are a good idea because you gain more waterflow which gives you a wider range for error in the water params meanwhile improving the overrall tank function. good luck