Search results

1. AnotherLousy1

Lighting Question

Hello all - I too have an 85 gallon freshwater planted tank and have a question about lighting. Right now, I have the coralife CF on the tank at 4x65watts. The tank is very low tech with only adding tropica plant food and flourish excel every other day. It has a variety of cryptocorynes and...
  2. AnotherLousy1

MrCoral.com

WOW, what a TERRIFIC first experience in buying from Sonny at MrCoral.com. The shipping was fantastic, Sonny even let me know via mail that there was a flight delay coming out of Kentucky due to mechanical reasons. Luckily, they were able to fix it and the package still arrived next day from...
  3. AnotherLousy1

A new way to chronicle

In my best Rod Serling voice ..... I'd like to take you on a journey, a journey to a place we all know ... different shapes and sizes of tanks, but this one will be in a 58 gallon Oceanic ... OK, so enough of that, <heh> I went out over the weekend and bought a wireless webcam. They...
  4. AnotherLousy1

Green Bubble Tip Anenome

Hello all - Just wanted to join in here ... I've had my GBTA for a couple weeks now, and am finally getting around to taking some photos. Right now it's in my 58 gallon tank with my pair of ocellaris clowns. I'm soon going to be moving it to the 29 gallon bio-cube after getting more LR and...
  5. AnotherLousy1

.gif or .jpg in signature line

OK, I looked thru all the tips and tricks and didn't see this one, does someone have the code are can tell me how to add a .gif or .jpg to my signature line ... for example to be able to put the bluespot club .gif there are what have you? Thanks in advance
  6. AnotherLousy1

58 Gallons O' Goodies

Hello all - Just thought I would share a few photos I took earlier this evening ... I'm using a Nikon D70S and this set was shot handheld with my 18-200mm VR lense. "Tuck" in all his BSJF glory! Lubbock Wrasse Red/Orange Gogornian Rose and Purple Ric (One of my favorite Rics...
  7. AnotherLousy1

Sad, Sad Day ...

Well, I'm going back and forth between being mad and shedding a tear. I was watching my tank this morning (the 29 gallon biocube) looked down and my diamond goby, Sifty was breathing real hard. I look at the back of his tail and all the way around there's a red splotch of nasty injury. I...
  8. AnotherLousy1

Say hello to my lil' friend.

I got one! I got one! This little guy is the funniest, most personality fish I have ever owned. He's been in the tank for a little over 48 hours, still working on his burrow ... although it seems he's piling sand around more than using the rubble in the tank (he's used a few pieces) but he...
  9. AnotherLousy1

Compatibility question

Hello all - I have a compatibility question for everyone. I love sleeper gobies, have one in my 29 BioCube and he's such a hard worker and does such a great job at keeping the sand sifted thru, etc ... so for my 58 Gallon, I'm looking at a gold headed sleeper goby to do the same job I...
  10. AnotherLousy1

Vivid Aquariums

Anyone had experience with Vivid Aquariums? Vivid Aquariums - Buy Online - Fish Store in Los Angeles - Buy Saltwater Fish, Live Corals, Live Rock, Drygoods and Aquarium Supplies They appear to have a little bit of everything, just curious if anyone has ever dealt with them. Thanks in...
  11. AnotherLousy1

Serious Algae Issue

Hello all - I have a new 58 Gallon setup going and over the past week, I have this "algae" growing all over my live rock. I thought at first it was byropis, but in talking with another saltwater enthusiast, he said he'd never seen byropis this large. Anyone help me out with some...
  12. AnotherLousy1

Tom Pro Series PS3 Filter

Anyone ever seen one of these up close and personal? Ever used one? Looks like a pretty cool filter/skimmer http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp19172/si2021731/cl0/tomproseriesps3filterandskimmer1000gph Basically, I have an empty 58 gallon oceanic that I would love to convert...
  13. AnotherLousy1

Oceanic Customer Service ...

Very Impressive indeed. I had a problem with one of my 36 watt ballasts for my BC29, called the 1-800 number and was transferred to Warranty Department and I left a voicemail. No more than 10 minutes passed and I got a phone call returned. The ballast itself is under warranty and they are...
  14. AnotherLousy1

I've been bitten - who knew!!! :)

Hello everyone, so after having set up a BC29 with such success and to have it running for about 6 months, I have discovered, it's time for a larger tank. Luckily, I have such tank, a 58 gallon Oceanic which is a freshwater tank. OK, after yesterday and moving all my fish to the 85 gallon...
  15. AnotherLousy1

Livestock "topoff"

Hello everyone. As some know, I have a 29 Gallon BC. Currently for livestock, I have a Diamond Goby, Yellow Clown Goby, Green Clown Goby, and 2 shrimp (skunk cleaner and fire) So with the exception of the Diamond Goby, which I understand can gain a little "girth" so to speak, does everyone...
  16. AnotherLousy1

New Macro Toy

I'm soooo excited, this past weekend, I was finally able to purchase the Nikon 105mm macro lense. All I can say is, WOW, I LOVE this lense. Here are a few shots I took today ... have to admit, there is a bit of a learning curve with macro, totally different beasty, but seemingly well worth it...
  17. AnotherLousy1

Spiderweb like stuff on rock

Hello all - being I'm still new to salt, I have a question. Last night after the lights went out, I'm looking in my tank with a flashlight (as I've been known to do every night) and I see this spiderweb looking stuff floating with the flow of the water and some in between a couple rocks, that...
  18. AnotherLousy1

Video Of First Fish Addition

Hello all - I finally have added my first fish to my tank, a diamond goby, who is quite active. Makes me feel good, that he or she (not sure how to sex these critters) seems so happy. Between reading the different threads from all of you who are experienced in the hobby and taking advice from...
  19. AnotherLousy1

Cheato addition

Hello all - I went with the soap dish refugium method and added a couple small balls of Cheato to the tank last night (lights were already off). At noon, when the lights come on, I look at the tank and there are tons of microbubbles in it and I see around the actual soap dish there are the same...
  20. AnotherLousy1

29 Oceanic Bio-Cube Journal

Well, since I'm not only new here, but also to saltwater, having a tank that's only 5 weeks old, I figured this would be a good place/time to start a journal of my adventures to "the dark side" :) You can see my original introduction thread here...