Search results

1. BigAl07

Your favorite species

In terms of "fish" my favorite is similar to @DaveK except it's a longnose hawkfish. https://www.liveaquaria.com/images/categories/large/lg_26143_Longnose_Hawkfish.jpg My favorite SOFT Coral is a Neon Green Toadstool https://savingcorals.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/ORARP2.jpg My favorite...
  2. BigAl07

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Wow! Talk about crazy coral growth and BEAUTIFUL coral colonies!! Allen
  3. BigAl07

PSU’s Peninsula

I've got major Coral Envy looking at your inventory here! Looks GREAT!! Allen
  4. BigAl07

Johns first coral adventure RSR 425xl

Good morning Glenn. I don't have a tank Up & Running at the moment but still have one ready to go. The good news is I still have my GHL ProfiLux controller and am a huge fan of them still to this day. I got out o the business of selling Controllers a few years back not because the product...
  5. BigAl07

Back in the saddle again

Welcome back to the hobby/addiction LOL I took a short 5 year break and I'm amazed how much has changed in just 5 years let alone many more. Reefing is reefing so remember nothing GOOD happens FAST in a reef tank.
  6. BigAl07

Other hobbies

That's awesome. Loved the video. If I can find the right one, I'm going to buy a Bronco just like the one below:
  7. BigAl07

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

LOL [emoji102] It’s plain and dry but hopefully in a couple of weeks she’ll be full of sand, rock, and NaCl. Here’s the rock I’m trying to figure out a layout with Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. BigAl07

Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

WOW! What a trip down Memory Lane!! Well I ended up putting this tank in storage in 2013 and we built a new home. My original intentions were to put this unit back up once in the new house but for whatever reason it never happened. It's neen in storage in my garage since we moved into the...
  9. BigAl07

Fragging 101 I Micromussa Lordhowensis (Acans)

AWESOME video @mikejrice Thanks for sharing :)
  10. BigAl07

Coral Spotlight | Acropora sp

These "spotlights" are def motivating me to get my next tank up and running sooner than later lol.
  11. BigAl07

Upgrading tank from 29g to 55g

Welcome to the forum and the addiction LOL! I agree with DaveK. Even though it's awesome you have a 55g at your disposal it's just not a great/ideal SW tank when you go filling it with rock work. It gets full quickly not because of the volume but because of it's very narrow footprint. Kudos...
  12. BigAl07

Chaeto Reactor - food for thought

Maybe use some "off the shelf" LED units that are presealed and lower wattage. When LED are ran at higher power rates they produce a lot of heat but it's usually off the back of the diode instead of being "shot" into the tank via the light source itself. LED can be hot but they produce the heat...
  13. BigAl07

Continuous water changing set up

This thread is 5 years old and a lot has changed in our industry in that period of time. I'm currently looking at getting this little unit to handle AWC and ATO functions all using optical sensors. The best part about this is it powers OFF the ATO function during the AWC process...
  14. BigAl07

Chaeto Reactor - food for thought

I would think that just a little flow would make a big difference in temps inside the chamber. Adding it to a "system" hopefully it wouldn't add any heat to the "System" unless it was a HUGE reactor in proportion to the "System".
  15. BigAl07

Fragging 101 I Micromussa Lordhowensis (Acans)

Mike, what glue product are you using to attach the frags to the plugs? I've been out of the hobby a few years and trying to catch up ASAP. TIA. Allen
  16. BigAl07

Fragging 101 I Favia Brain Coral

Great thread. I may have to invest in one of these in the future (If I'm lucky lol). I'm gonna bookmark this thread. Great methods here.
  17. BigAl07

Scott’s new (to me) RSM 130

Looking good. I gotta give KUDOS to StevesLEDs. They built a custom set for one of my tanks and they are ROCK SOLID! Day in and day out!
  18. BigAl07

New Store in South Florida

It looks very nice. Must be nice having an LFS close by :)
  19. BigAl07

Researching Red Sea REEFER™ NANO

Ah that explains it LOL. Thank you sir. Is the 170 available complete except for light fixture?
  20. BigAl07

Researching Red Sea REEFER™ NANO

As the title implies I'm currently researching the Red Sea REEFER™ NANO but can't find a lot of Real-World information on it. In searching the "Chronicles" I don't see anyone who is currently running one. Is that because it's too new? Because it's not up to PAR (see what I did there LOL) or some...