Search results

1. kimoy

BRAND NEW! AquaController Jr + DC8 + Lab Grade pH Probe + 120v dual socket

put me in line if it's still for sale
  2. kimoy

AC Jr help

the T5 are on a appliance module and i already tried switching modules but still does the same.
  3. kimoy

AC Jr help

I have an AC Jr with 4 appliance modules, a lamp module, and an alarm module. everything works fine except for the T5's (LT1) which turns on after about 5 mins at the end of the program then turns off after a few mins and turns back on after a min and keeps repeating this untill the next...
  4. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

I thought this is a cool sequential shot of spot.
  5. kimoy

Jen's Fish Den

Nice pics. If you still want to add anthias I would suggest the queen anthias they have better color IMO. Add 1 male and 3 or so females at the same time.
  6. kimoy

My $3 Betta~

NICE! I had a pair of beta for 4 years and had spawned numerous times.
  7. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

I won't really say that you can't have a BSJF on an open top tank, it also depends on the size of your tank. I have my spot in my open top 120 and I am not saying that they won't jump out because spot already did that once after a few months in the tank but I was lucky that my sump is behind the...
  8. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

happy to anounce that spot is back to his original home the next day I placed him back in the main tank and remained there since.
  9. kimoy

What eats macro?

it looks like bryopsis to me. a hard to remove pest. I would try the smallest algae blenny you can find or if you can remove the rock remove and scrub it but before putting it back to the tank dip it in freshwater. DO NOT try to remove it from inside the tank for it will spread like a weed. when...
  10. kimoy

WOW! T5 and PC comparison (PICS)

nice. I would suggest to take care of those bryopsis now while it is still small. It's going to be e PITA when they spread and the rocks are covered with corals or the corals are encrusted on it. trust me, you'll be thankfull you do it now than later.
  11. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

Sooooooooo....about a week ago spot was nowhere to be found. checked the overflows but I said there is no way he could go into the overflows, just not a chance, and didnt' see him on either overflows. then I checked around the tank under the cabinet and just all the nooks imaginable around the...
  12. kimoy

MH & protein skimmer ?

I would go with the 120 (48x24x24) instead of the 110. you will have more depth for aquascaping. and regarding the lights I would suggest 2x250 MH and supplement it with T5HO
  13. kimoy

Just recieved shipment!!

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!
  14. kimoy

Good or bad Algae!

lettuce nudi eats them too but I find it not that of a succes with it maybe if more than 1 wdded to the tank it will take care of it. I have some in my tank too and starting to spread so it is time to take more drastic actions to it. removing the rock is not an option because corals are...
  15. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

Thanks! so does yours and everyone else.
  16. kimoy

The Bluespot Club

Here's spot again.
  17. kimoy

Green plants with round leaves on live rock

And one of the mistakes that new reefers make is starting with a small tanks. I think 40 gal and up should be what new reefers should start at. it just make it easier to keep it stable. But maybe this is just me. JMOO. GOOD LUCK!
  18. kimoy

Green plants with round leaves on live rock

I would take them out especially the size of tank you have. I would reccomend it in bigger tanks if you like to keep them. The reason is the smaller the tank the harder it is to keep your levels to check and the bigger the tank the easier it gets.
  19. kimoy

Chicagoland Reefers

hey Jake, nice to met you at the swap yesterday. Yoou might not remember me but I was with Sherwin the one that Owns Aquatic Reef. Nice stuff you got.