Search results

1. proud2bcanadian

OT: Happy Holidays

Re: Happy Holidays Happy Holidays and Merry Chirstmas everyone! I wish you all a fun and safe break! Happy New Years too!
  2. proud2bcanadian

Covering a Metal Stand

What I've done when I build covers for metal stands for friends and customers is (if they have the room) attach some casters to the sides where I'd make the frame a bit wider, and then use magnets (from Lee Valley or Rockler - the strong ones) to attach the plywood frame to the stand. This...
  3. proud2bcanadian

I'm back!

Hey everyone! How have you all been? It's been a while since I've posted, and decided that I'll get back into the habit of things now that I'm getting back to school for one final year! What have I been up to you may ask? Well, I've become a workaholic and I still work at one of my local...
  4. proud2bcanadian

sump or not to sump?

Definitely sump! More water volume = more stable water params. They're not overly expensive. Get a tank, whether new or used, and get someone to cut you some glass or acrylic to put into that tank to be used as baffles. That's pretty much all that's to it! I would suggest a sump that's at...
  5. proud2bcanadian

OT: Word Relation Game

Flying Cars
  6. proud2bcanadian

canister filter

I probably wouldn't use a canister filter at all. It's a collection point for Nitrates - which you don't want any of in a SW tank. I would just suggest going with a sump and using powerheads for water movement.
  7. proud2bcanadian

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

The tank looks awesome! It's amazing to see how much it's matured over the past couple of months! And yes! PROUD2BCANADIAN's BACK! :D
  8. proud2bcanadian

needed plans on 65gallon stand

http://www.garf.org/tank/buildstand.asp
  9. proud2bcanadian

Drywall or What?

Okay everyone. I'm getting ready to start this room up. I'm hoping that after Christmas, I'll be able to get the electrical done, but I want to get the framing done before Christmas if I can. Hopefully in the new year, I can do the 'drywall', painting, and flooring. I think I understand...
  10. proud2bcanadian

Glass Top

As far as I know, it is quite important. I can't answer what blocks the UV in nature (science is my weak point :p ). It doesn't have to be a special type of glass, just the regular stuff is fine... I just read some older posts...and came up with this: - It depends whether you're using SE...
  11. proud2bcanadian

Happy Birthday Woodood!

Happy Birthday wooddood! Hope you have a great day!
  12. proud2bcanadian

Glass Top

I think that the eggcrate would be best, or a mesh lid, like what you would use for reptiles. Make sure that you have glass between your tank and lights however, so that it can block the UV rays that can affect your corals.
  13. proud2bcanadian

Hippo with Ich

I don't know if this applies to saltwater too, but what I do with my colony of clown loaches is - put them in a QT tank with the same water parameters, raise the temperature to about 82degrees, and add aquarium salt. If the infection does get more serious, I would seriously consider a QT tank...
  14. proud2bcanadian

Happy Birthday RS~

Happy Birthday RS!!!
  15. proud2bcanadian

Aquarium Opening

I just heard of that the other day! I just wish it were in between Canada and NC. Then I would go see it. But it's a 6hour drive from where I'm staying... :( It looks amazing though! I wish I could make it out there, but then again, it should be left as a trip of it's own!
  16. proud2bcanadian

North Carolina

Doni - I don't think that I'll be coming all the way out there unless we go to a Hurricane's game. A couple of years ago we went and saw them play against Detroit, so it is always an option. It all depends on the length of time that we would be in that area for... Mike - Thanks for all of the...
  17. proud2bcanadian

North Carolina

Hey everyone. We're just getting ready to make our annual trip down to North Carolina for (the US) Thanksgiving. I will be going to Burnsville, NC, for those who may be familiar with that city...It's about an hour away (North) from Asheville, which I plan on visiting too. Would anyone...
  18. proud2bcanadian

Happy Birthday SharkysReef!

:bday1: Happy Birthday!
  19. proud2bcanadian

Ot: Jag

I'm trying to get that episode transfered onto my computer. When I do, I'll let you know, and I could possibly send it to you...
  20. proud2bcanadian

Ot: Jag

LOL! Yeah, that's true :p