Search results

1. mgregory

Need a Suggestion!

Fist of all what is the best way to run PhosGaurd or Carbon? Opinion only...I understand. Second I was thinking of splitting the return line from my sump to my tank. I would help with flow and I could put a SCWD in line couldn't I? What do you think? Mark
  2. mgregory

How do you attach??

What is everyone doing to attach frags to LR? What tips/thoughts do you have? Mark
  3. mgregory

I joined the club!!! Now???

Well, I didn’t start out to go bare bottom but now my bottom is bare. I had a high Nitrate problem and since the tank was almost 3 years old, I thought I’d move the rock around to get a different look and while I had the rock out I would clean the sub straight! I have one word Yuck!!!! I...
  4. mgregory

refugium???

Is it best to buy "live sand" for the base of my refugium and then put some LR in there too? If so how much rock? 2 to 3" of Sand? or???? Once I add the sand do I have to let it cycle or can I let it flow into the main tank? This is a 15g sump/fuge for a 55g tank that I plan to have...
  5. mgregory

Overflow HELP needed

Thanks to Troy, I now understand how to hook up a sump/fuge under my 55g tank. How can I hook up the overflow so it will start to siphon again if I loose power?? Any suggestions on which overflow to use and where to get it?? I going to order a mag-7 pump and the sump will be a 15g...
  6. mgregory

Help water/test kit problems

I just received the Salifert test kits yesterday. Here's the results.....are these right or am I doing something wrong?? 021604 1.025 PH 8.0 dKH 16/alk 5.71 Cal 600 NO3 mg/L between 50-100 021704 after a 20% water change 1.026 PH 8.4 dKH 20.2/alk 7.54 Cal 550 NO3 mg/L...
  7. mgregory

Lfs????

Where I live in N. Idaho...there is one LFS and I was there yesterday and they had about 10 pieces of coral and 20 fish. The only other choices are PetCo and I don't really call that a choice!! Anyone no of a LSF that is within a couple hundred miles of Spokane WA. like Seattle, Boise or...
  8. mgregory

Water Parameters- More questions!!

I found the posting Nikki started last month (Great Thread) about when and what everyone tested for but what results are best. A couple people mentioned what they want for results but I would think others have a different opinion. Maybe I wrong but it seems everyone has just a little...
  9. mgregory

Need Advice/Knowledge

First of all I live in N. Idaho and there isn’t a good local store to go to for supplies and advise. Right now I’ve been relying on advice from friends and reading a lot. But the tanks I’ve seen are not even close to the tanks a lot of you have. I really want to succeed with my tank and know...
  10. mgregory

Dosing pump

Was on ebay the other day and saw a dosing pump. After looking at it and so on it's a medical pump used for IV's. Will this work for a Kalkwasser dosing pump? Any thoughts or suggestions?? Never dosed anything before so need some Ideas! :)
  11. mgregory

lighting

Well hello to all. First time here so I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question. I have a Std. 55 gal tank and seem to be having problems with lighting. I have an Ice Caps system and have run VHO and STD florescent lights. The question I have is how much light do I need. When I...