How do you attach??

wooddood

the wood dude
some use a two part epoxy and some use superglue gel but it all depends on what type of coral your trying to attatch.some corals need to be attatched with a rubber band.tooth pick,bridal veil ect.tell us what type your working with and we'll help out better.

mgregory

Mainly SPS's (Monti)

I've been able to find small holes in the rock but there's a couple places I want to put some frags but don't have holes.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:

Cosmic

As mentioned, I prefer superglue for gluing SPS corals. I find they overgrow it much faster than the 2-part epoxies, giving me a faster turn-around on the frag turnover. Add to that the "gray finger" syndrome when using putty, and I'm hooked on SG.

-HTH-
Cos

mgregory

Alright!!!! Gel based supeglue it is!!! Thanks you all for the info!! Frags to you all when they grow ofcourse!!

Mark

MojosReef

Super Glue gel for me to. I found a some at walmart made by loctite that comes in a bottle istead of a tube and it is much easier to handle and seems to last longer before it fouls up the tip of the applicator.

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Do you guys get carded when you purchase super glue? A person has to be 21 yrs old here to buy it!! :rolleyes:

mps9506

Originally posted by Woodstock
Do you guys get carded when you purchase super glue? A person has to be 21 yrs old here to buy it!! :rolleyes:

Where are you buying your superglue???
Doesn't happen down here in wilmington.
Mike

Brucey

Deltec two part adhesive. Same as Millyput but with a purple die to blend in with coraline algae. Very good stuff and highly recommended
Brucey

Courtney

Hi guys I was wondering if you know of anybody who has mounted an australian spider sponge to some live rock as the only thing I could find on the net was this tutorial. Just any ideas on the best place to put it or any ideas on how to mount it would be appreciated.
Propagation of Australian Spider Sponge

SantaMonica

PREMIUM
Late reply, but being non-photo, the place you put it is probably more important than how you mount it. It will need lots of flow and food particles. If it gets enough flow and food particles it will probably attach to any nearby rock.