Search results

1. 3

Dragon Rocks For Sale

Hello, I have some dragon rocks for sale (total about 20 lb). They have been in my 75G planted tank for about a year. Now the tank goes BB. I prefer local pick up in Nassau county, NY. I'm asking $60 OBO.
  2. 3

Pink Head Frogspawn Issue

I have a 38g reef and it has been up & running for almost a year. I noticed my pink head frogspawn acting weird which one of its four heads has not been extending for a few days now. Other three heads are extending fine. I checked PH n temp and they are in the normal range, calcium is around 320...
  3. 3

Current T5 Bulb Life

Hi All, I have a Sundial 36" T5 fixure with 39wx4 bulbs (Current). The photo period is about 5-6 hrs a day for 10 months. Do I need to replace the bulbs now or I can wait another 2-3 months before I put the new bulbs in. Also, what bulbs that would promote coral growth? Someone suggested...
  4. 3

My Caves in my tank

Hi All, I just want to share some pics of my caves and my tank with you. Originally I started with a 20G tank. I upgraded it to a 38g two weeks later. I added some pure ammonia in the tank just to make sure it can handle the bio-load. The tank is three weeks old and no live stocks. The...
  5. 3

Vortech MP10 vs. Koralia Pumps

Guys, I have been looking around for a powerhead for my future reef tank (a 10g, 20g or a 40g, still deciding). Originally I was planning to buy a Koralia Nano or 1 or 2 pump depend on the size of the tank that I'm going to set up. Some people recommended a Vortech MP 10 over a Koralia...
  6. 3

Plz help me to pick a HOB refugium...

I'm setting up a 10g or a 20 reef tank (still deciding). I've heard a lot of good things about having a refugium for a reef tank. I would like to get one and to see the result for myself. So I would have some ideas to help me decide whether to get a bigger one for my future tank upgrade...
  7. 3

What to glue live rocks?

I want to glue couple pieces of LRs to create some aquascaping in my tank. What type of glue can I use that is safe to the fish and coral? It also has to be strong and hold the rocks together tight. Thanks
  8. 3

Lighting on a 10g reef tank

I just realized that I have a T5 HO (48w) lighting system on my fresh water tank. Now I am setting up a 10g reef tank. The bulbs (10000 k Daylight and a Actinic) are about 10 months old. Should I replace them? Do I need Actnic bulb for my nano reef? I'm thinking about get two 10000 K...
  9. 3

Plan and a list of things for a 10G

I have a 10g that I would like to turn it into a Nano reef. I'm probably not adding any fish or shrimp to the tank (only corals). Or maybe one shrimp or one goby, I will have to see how stable the tank is going to be before deciding. A List of things I need to get: 1) 10 lbs of LR (most...
  10. 3

What water do you use for your water change?

My local fish store has one gallon bottle reef ready water for sale. The staff told me I can just dump the bottle water into my tank for water change. The old fashion way of water change will be completely phased out by this new bottle reef ready water. How many of you really use that...
  11. 3

My PC Light is very loud....

I have a 160w Power Compact on my 20g tank and it is almost 10 months old. The light started making humming sound a few weeks ago and it is getting louder and louder. Do anyone experiencing the same problem? Is there anyway I can fix it? I've seen people having the same problem with those...
  12. 3

How to replacing the Bulb (Power Compact)?

Hi everyone, I'm going to replace the bulb and I wonder if there is any tools needed for the process. I have a 24" Catfish Power Compact Lighting on my 20g tank. Each bulb is 65W, total of 130w Day/Actinic. They have four straight pins at the end of the bulb. Can I pull them off from...
  13. 3

Turbo Snails Death..

Hi guys, My tank is 8 months old and I had two Turbo Snails in the tank. One of them died two months ago n the other one died couple days ago. The snails would seemed glued to the tank glass for a long time without moving around or eat. Then they just died. What would be the cause of...
  14. 3

When to replace the light bulbs..?

Hi all, I have Catfish 130w arctic lighting system with lunar on my 20g tank. They are 8 months old. I have them on about 8 hrs a day 7 days a week in average. Is it the time for me to replace them? I know the manufacture recommend replacement of every 6 months. But I want to make...
  15. 3

Sun Polyps For Sale in New York

Hi Guys, My work schedule is getting really busy and having two jobs are really not a good idea to keep the sun polyps in my tank. It has been in my tank for almost 4 months. I feed it with frozen brine shrimps and mysis once a day. There are more than 50 heads on the polyps. I will let...
  16. 3

My Tank n Flower Coral Update Pics...

hello all, I just wanted to share some pics of my tank and the delicate green sun flower coral with you all. The tank is almost two months old and finally I won the battle with Cyano outbreak. Thank you all for your concerns and advices on the cyano problem. The new green sun flower...
  17. 3

Bad Water Problems..

Ok.. it's happening to me. The 20g tank is 1.5 months old..I had a cyano outbreak, but it is under control now. I have been bottle feeding my sun polyp frozen brine shrimps. For some reasons I wanted to try with some product called spread-dried phytoplankton.. not sure if I was overdosed...
  18. 3

Spray-Dried Marine Phytoplankton by E.S.V

Has anyone tried this product? It says Spray-Dried Marine Phytoplankton by E.S.V, it comes with a small container (0.5 oz. or 14 grams) and a measuring spoon. I've very tiny amount with my tank water and spread it into my feeding bottle with a turkey baster.. I also mixed it with some frozen...
  19. 3

Question about using the bottle to feed the sun polyp..

Hello, I am going to use a juice bottle to feed my orange sun polyp and I noticed there are a lot of glues on the bottle. The glue that they used to attached the label to the bottle. Is it ok to leave it there while the bottle is in my tank? If not, how can I remove the glue? I've tried...
  20. 3

Orange Sun Polyp Placement in the tank

Hello, I just bought an orange sun polyp and wonder if it is necessary to place it out of direct light.. I have a 130w light on my 20g tank. There is no shady area in my tank. I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks