Search results

1. 3

Dragon Rocks For Sale

Hello, I have some dragon rocks for sale (total about 20 lb). They have been in my 75G planted tank for about a year. Now the tank goes BB. I prefer local pick up in Nassau county, NY. I'm asking $60 OBO.
  2. 3

Pink Head Frogspawn Issue

I use Salifert test kit for Calcium and Alk/KH. API high PH fresh/salt water test kit for PH and I just test the water again, it is at 8.2. I tested PH after the lights have been on for about four hours. I'm assuming the PH would be lower in the morning since my photo period is between 4 to 9 pm.
  3. 3

. So can I add lime water to the tank? Alk is 2.63
  4. 3

The frogspawn has been in my tank for several months and it has never had any issues until now. I don't have any fish that will nip at corals (clown, fathead n yellowtang with two fire shrimps). Isn't the normal calcium level should be around 380? So I 330 isn't too far from it. PH at...
  5. 3

I have a 38g reef and it has been up & running for almost a year. I noticed my pink head frogspawn acting weird which one of its four heads has not been extending for a few days now. Other three heads are extending fine. I checked PH n temp and they are in the normal range, calcium is around 320...
  6. 3

Current T5 Bulb Life

That answers my question. Thanks so much. I need to replace my bulbs very soon.
  7. 3

first timer questions

I have a 38G reef tank and it has been up & running for almost a year. I do not have a heater or a protein skimmer for my tank and I never had any issues with big temp fluctuation or algae problems. I have a HOB Aquafuge (medium) running with DSB and chaetos. I also have an old HOB Whisper...
  8. 3

Current T5 Bulb Life

Is there a way to tell whether the bulbs are need to be replaced just by looking at the corals in the tank? I'm assuming the corals are wide open means they are getting enough light from the bulbs. Am I correct on this concept?
  9. 3

Current T5 Bulb Life

People said T5 bulbs have life of 9-10 months. How long do you leave the lights on everyday? I was told the GE 6500k has a yellowish color and it is like the nature sun light. Therefore, it promotes corals growth. Any comments?
  10. 3

Current T5 Bulb Life

Hi All, I have a Sundial 36" T5 fixure with 39wx4 bulbs (Current). The photo period is about 5-6 hrs a day for 10 months. Do I need to replace the bulbs now or I can wait another 2-3 months before I put the new bulbs in. Also, what bulbs that would promote coral growth? Someone suggested...
  11. 3

My Caves in my tank

Thanks guys. I just noticed that big flat rock on the left side started to turn purple. I found a lot of birght purple spots on the rock last night. The T-5 light really put some color on the rock, I love it! :dance:
  12. 3

My Caves in my tank

Ok..please do. But how can I change the title of this thread or can you change it for me?
  13. 3

My Caves in my tank

How can I change the title of this thread? It's going to be my tank thread, not just showing the cave. Thanks
  14. 3

My Caves in my tank

I want to share some pics of my tank with you all. The tank is 5.5 weeks old and currently fishless.
  15. 3

Im A Noob Plz Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What corals would you like to keep in your tank?
  16. 3

My Caves in my tank

Thanks guys. Here is the side view of the tank. The rocks are pretty close to the back tank glass. The tank is not too deep (13"), and I need to make as much room as possible in the front for the corals. I may be able to stick a small magnet in the back.
  17. 3

My Caves in my tank

Hi All, I just want to share some pics of my caves and my tank with you. Originally I started with a 20G tank. I upgraded it to a 38g two weeks later. I added some pure ammonia in the tank just to make sure it can handle the bio-load. The tank is three weeks old and no live stocks. The...
  18. 3

Vortech MP10 vs. Koralia Pumps

Are you talking about the GPH rate? What's the difference of this GPH rate between a Vortechs and a conventional pump (let's say both pumps can move 600 GPH)? Gentle current means less water flow and that equal to less water movement. So I'm not getting it, sorry.
  19. 3

Vortech MP10 vs. Koralia Pumps

Guys, I have been looking around for a powerhead for my future reef tank (a 10g, 20g or a 40g, still deciding). Originally I was planning to buy a Koralia Nano or 1 or 2 pump depend on the size of the tank that I'm going to set up. Some people recommended a Vortech MP 10 over a Koralia...
  20. 3

Plz help me to pick a HOB refugium...

Dave, Thanks for your advice. I live in a small apartment and I don't have anymore room for more tank (I already have one 40g and one 20g running and they are both fresh water). I am aware of a DIY refugium is nice, but it seems a bit of challenge for me to do all the plumbing work in...