Search results

1. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Yes also curious on the buffing out process . Is that something that was hard to do or more time involved ? Always wondered about getting small scratches out of a tank just never went about doing it .
  2. DrBCool

Suggestions for Reef Camera?

I am using a Fuji S700 it was $199 at Circuit City around Christmas time . It has a lot of manual settings as well as auto . I am shooting pictures in a corner bow so they are hard to get from the start . So far I am happy with my Fuji it has macro and super macro settings as well , but I...
  3. DrBCool

Predominately a softie at heart

Tank move Went from the 36 gallon bow pictured previously to the new 54 gallon corner bow in these photos . Running the same lighting , but the sun is shining through the west window about 4 PM . I like the new tank .
  4. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Well, looks like I will have to test a differant brand of solar tube other than Sun-Dome :-( For my application this one will not work ,But I am waiting for a reply from Velux to see if my idea is a duable solution or not . Keeping my fingers crossed . I have already gotten word from sola tube ...
  5. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Ok , I think it would be cool to wake up and look passed the fish bowl out into the much larger fishbowl outside the window . I look out and see...., snow . .......
  6. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Well , you have me convinced on the solar tube idea . It will be awhile still a lot of planning to do but have some cool ideas .
  7. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

lol that is actually a better way of looking at it . That thing doesn't look like a chair at all .
  8. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

That is cool . So just curious what brought you to use the solar tube for your lighting over this unique bowl tank ?
  9. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

I love the bowl tank that is just off the hook . And the fact that you are lighting it with a solar tube is even better . Looks like the light reaches through that big tank just fine . Now I am really leaning towards natural lighting over my reef . I think when the full moon is out the...
  10. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

That is pretty darn cool . Looks like it lights that bowl up pretty good . :-)
  11. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Opsanus , so do you like the solar tube over your tank ? Do you have any problems with algae and such ? Really interested in this adventure and if I can learn the do's and dont's before trying that would be awsome :-)
  12. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Thanks for the info on Velux BigAl . Have you ever seen a Velux tube in use ?
  13. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

Opsanus Tau , Hey thanks for the heads up on the yellowing problem of Sola-Tube . Sun-Dome was the other brand I was looking at for the experiement . I have only found 3 companies making the solar tubes and the third is Velux Wow .. that is a lot of light . So do you have a tank lit with the...
  14. DrBCool

recent reflective side shots

You have such awsome color in your tank . :-) Nice photos
  15. DrBCool

LOL.. That is funny . So what do you feed the anemone ? I have been feeding mine silversides and on occasion I feed it some frozen squid . It seems to like the squid and I need to use it up because I reached in the frozen mysis section without looking and got squid .. so that is what is eating...
  16. DrBCool

Natural Sunlight tanks

I will keep you posted on how it goes . If nothing else the way I am looking at this is : Experimentation :-) If it doesn't work out for the reef I will use it to make a grow area for my house plants :-) Only have 1 south facing window in this silly house . I am hoping that it makes...
  17. DrBCool

wow that's fast ..lol I have had this anemone for about 8 months now . I wasn't sure about using the IMG tag here . I thought they would be to big to post that way . So I just linked them . :-) Now I know though . Well I will be building a stand and experementing with a sola tube for light...
  18. DrBCool

Hey thanks to whomever put the pictures here rather than the links :-)
  19. DrBCool

I am down near Athens Ohio . I just bought a tank from someone in Elyria Ohio , they actually met me in Columbus with the tank so it was cool . tippman that was my other guess . the two look very similar in the pictures I have found
  20. DrBCool

"Chronicle Marina del Filón de los Carlos"

Nice start to a slatwater reef .. Cool looking rock and I like the aquascaping you have done . Very nice