Predominately a softie at heart

DrBCool

Hello everyone I thought I would share a few photos of things in my tank .

fulltankJan08.jpg

Ricordiaatnight.jpg

RicordiaDay.jpg

MMtheAnemone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

vdituri

Nice photos of a very nice tank!
You have some nice softies there.

What kind of anemone is that? Condylactis?

DrBCool

The anemone is hard to figure out what kind he is .
I have been told several names for it now . lol
LFS told me it was a Green Bubble Tip Anemone ( I think he was right )
I have seen a couple varieties that look almost like it but not exact .
He is very happy under my 2X65 watt PC lights though
I moved this tank in September and tried to reposition his rock in the same spot as before the move . He has stay right there :) He has never split , which would be cool for me cause I could sell or trade one :)

I bought the anemone in hopes my ocellaris clowns would host in it , but they just hang out in the corner of my tank not hosting on anything ,.On the CORA website I saw a picture of a pair of OCellaris clowns hosting in an anemone that looked just like mine so there is always hope they will find it . I thought if I put a shark in there maybe they would feel threatened enough ... LMAO

I love the Ricordias , and actually there are two new colors in the tank since I took those photos . I know the next question is what colors , but I haven't a clue as I am color blind ,. Not black and white color blind I just can't tell orange from green , or sometimes green from blue , blue from pink or purple , red from green or brown . lol.... Very hard to explain , I think it has to do with how the colors are mixed to get a certain shade . None the less I don't know I just know I like the intensity of color from the Ric's . Especially under the blue LED moon lights where they POP !!!!

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
HEY DRCOOL,
That anemone, its a Long Tentacle. I am positive, i can tell by the stripes on/near the mouth on its flesh.

DrBCool

I am down near Athens Ohio . I just bought a tank from someone in Elyria Ohio , they actually met me in Columbus with the tank so it was cool .

tippman that was my other guess . the two look very similar in the pictures I have found

lcstorc

That would be the Boozeman who put the pics up.
Just so you know though if you past the img tag instead of the web address the pics will appear in the thread like they do now.

michael_cb_125

Awesome tank. I agree with Daniel you anemone looks like a LTA to me. I had one that was pink and green. Be careful they get big fast. Mine when from baseball sized to basketball sized in about three months.
~Michael

DrBCool

wow that's fast ..lol I have had this anemone for about 8 months now .
I wasn't sure about using the IMG tag here . I thought they would be to big to post that way . So I just linked them . :) Now I know though .

Well I will be building a stand and experementing with a sola tube for light . So I will have an along the way thread started in the near future . I will move the exsisting tank into the 54 gallon corner bow once I have everything to my liking . :)

vdituri

Mine is a monster Sebae. It was smaller than a baseball 1 year ago. :bluemad:
It refuses to stop growing.
I served it a cease and decist order but to no avail.

vdituri , what kind of anemone is that in your tank all stretched out ?

DrBCool

LOL.. That is funny . So what do you feed the anemone ?
I have been feeding mine silversides and on occasion I feed it some frozen squid . It seems to like the squid and I need to use it up because I reached in the frozen mysis section without looking and got squid .. so that is what is eating it up for me

DrBCool

Tank move
Went from the 36 gallon bow pictured previously to the new 54 gallon corner bow in these photos . Running the same lighting , but the sun is shining through the west window about 4 PM . I like the new tank .
DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0482.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg