"Chronicle Marina del Filón de los Carlos"

Status
Not open for further replies.

framerguy

You can attach a sock (and yes I mean raid your wifes panty hose drawer ) to the pipe that is draining into the sump. I would also try a sponge at least temporarily until it clears. Most return pumps come with one.

Cavinca

well heres some new pictures of my 3 hitch hikers
feather.jpg

worm.jpg

worm2.jpg

getting used to my new camera so.. there will be some experiment photos.

framerguy

Can you tell what the first one is? It looks like a baby crown of thorns star.

Were you shooting normal or macro. With macro you may need a tripod or a put the lense against the glass to stabalize the camera. Its a fairly fast camera so open your f-stop to the lowest number (widest aperture) so the shutter won't be open so long. You can hand hold to about 1/30 second shutter speed. Longer than that it's tripod only.

Cavinca

cant really see it with the naked eye... thats actually easier to see. thanks for the tips ill try them and post the pics. My brother said he say it come out of a small hole like a feather duster..

framerguy

It probably is a feather duster. I've got dozens and dozens of those in my tank. Their lifespan is short I think, so they come and go.

Cavinca

well heres some more pictures

ftsclose2-08.jpg

fts2-2-12-08.jpg

heres a ufo if you can identify feel free to. this was said to be a worm earlier but the pics werent the best. i really dont think its a worm

ufo.jpg

ufo1.jpg

ufofront.jpg

ufofront2.jpg

ufoside.jpg

And 1 of 2, of some kind of egg i found...
egg.jpg

Cavinca

WELL, Its valitines day and im shopping for a CUC. How do you guys think this group will do? Is it to much to add at once? Will the Fire Shrimp eat my Dwarf Sea Hare? Will The dwarf sea hare foul my water.. do they ink the water often?

Chaetomorpha Algae
Trochus Snail- 3
Astrea Snail- 3
Cerith Snail- 3
Fire Shrimp- 2
Dwarf Sea Hare- 1

framerguy

I have never had a dwarf seahare so I don't know their habits. The seahares in my tank have never inked, they are about 8 months old. Your CUC numbers look good to me. Make sure you have sufficient algae to support the seahare, you can supplement with nori sheets rubberbanded to a rock if you don't. Probably not a bad idea even if you do have lots of algae.

Cavinca

Well... Saturday was a busy day.. my first bit of livestock came in. i acclimated for 8 hours then added them to my tank. pacificeast ran out of fire shrimp so i only got one instead of the planned two. they didnt call or send an email about this, but they didnt charge me for the second. oh well... heres some pictures.
fireshrimp.jpg

cer.jpg

cer1.jpg

cer2.jpg

seahare1.jpg

seaharehind.jpg

seahare2.jpg

Cavinca

cant really see it with the naked eye... thats actually easier to see. thanks for the tips ill try them and post the pics. My brother said he say it come out of a small hole like a feather duster..

that should have read "mother" and "she"... oops

Cavinca

So i cant take it anymore. my water will not clear up. ive run carbon ive used filter socks (panty hose) iv used filter floss. ive used a bigger airpump on the stock skimmer. i change the skimmer woods out. i broke down and ordered a tunze 9002 doc skimmer and some chemi pure elite. im gonna totally remove the media basket and put the tunze in the middle chamber. im gonna sock and drop the chemi pure down in my pump chamber to get the best flow i can through it.

On a good note everything is alive. The in-tank refugium i made out of plastic mesh canvas is holding up nicely although it is an eyesore. i may have to rebuild it in a differnt shape....

Status
Not open for further replies.