Search results

1. F

Anemone, clown hosting

oh.. dont get me wrong.. i love my freshwater tanks.. Both salt and fresh exhibit their own beauties.. I would never tear down my freshwaters!!! Ive actually added some since the salties! The saltwater tank is more of my hubbys new hobby and the only reason he keeps going despite the trials is...
  2. F

Anemone, clown hosting

lol.. nope cant have too many tanks. but i needa save room for us mere humans! running out of square footage!! Grr i needa bigger house! or less tanks.. na BIGGER house.! We already have 3 saltwater tanks, and 6 freshwater tanks in our house.. Been in the freshwater hobby for well over a...
  3. F

Anemone, clown hosting

maybe your solution is to buy a maroon to show em the way.. Then you can deal with em fighting! Forgot to mention the reason im trying so hard to fix this situation is because the larger falsie is attacking and biting the fins badly of my maroon which .. at the moment is my favorite clown...
  4. F

Anemone, clown hosting

Hi there.. The tank is a 110 gallon. I was thinking maybe i should buy another maroon. And yeah i was really shocked when the falsies decided they were guna host the bubble tip since every article ive read says they can, but not likely and esp since they had shown no interest period up until...
  5. F

Anemone, clown hosting

So, there I was buying 2 Ocellaris, False Percula clowns, a pair they said.. To go with a newly acquired bubble tip anemone.. They wouldn’t look at it.. touch it or otherwise! So I, got tired of the anemone not having a host and a bought a maroon clown knowing all articles state they will...
  6. F

Saltwater Calcium Question??

ok guys.. I know this may sound stupid.. I am new to this stuff and had just done some reading on cuttlebones and how some people use them within freshwater tanks to keep calcium levels a little higher.. Wondering if since the cuttlebone comes from a marine fish if the same would hold true to...
  7. F

unknown snail? Snail eggs? ID please!

Just found this on the back of my tank, Are those snail eggs? The snail responsible for it is the one in the picture.. would really like to get a ID on that snail species if possible.. Thanks!
  8. F

EEL ID, please!

Just got this Eel a few days ago .. the guy i bought it from couldnt give me his common name. Im sure you guys can give me some clues.? Thanks for the help in advance!
  9. F

unknown hitchhiker, is it reef safe??

i might be a newbee.. but im guessin that there critter is not reef safe or EVEN sump safe! :)
  10. F

Unknown Reef Hitchhiker!! Pls Identify! Reef Safe???!

Found this once "lil" guy on a live rock we purchased.. he has now doubled in size and we are now missing a few xenia we had in our tank.. wondering if maybe he isnt so safe?? Anyone know if hes "safe" Or what he is even.. Thanks!
  11. F

Starfish ??

yeah but how do they reproduce? Do they split like some of my micro stars? Is this why half of the starfish is missing? Thanks!
  12. F

Starfish ??

Found this little guy in my tank. Seems half of him is missing? Do these guys reproduce by dividing in half? Almost looks like 3 little buds on the other side? Thanks so much!
  13. F

unknown hitchhiker??

Okee guys.. Got some new pictures. This thing whatever it is.. Is pretty big until lights come on then it decides to hide from me.. Lemme know if you have any new suggestions or know what it is.. Thanks so much.. Hope everyone is having a Happy Holiday!
  14. F

unknown hitchhiker??

I have a aiptasia in my tank also. (not to brag or anything, hehe) And to me this thing acts/looks different including how it eats. It is very small and attached to a live rock inside a small hole within this rock. When it eats it sorta like swallows it then will spit out (for lack of better...
  15. Unknown hitchhiker

Unknown hitchhiker

Just found this on live rock, as its just started getting big enough to notice.. Insight appreciated. Thanks!
  16. F

unknown hitchhiker??

Hey guys, recently found this in my live rock. As its started getting bigger. I have no clue what it is or even might be.. So, any suggestions?? Thanks in Advance!
  17. Need to know brand names?

Need to know brand names?

Hi everyone..Figured you all are so good at answering most questions that hopefully someone can help me out here with equipment brands. I purchased a 100 gallon tank here recently and it came with some equipment including a UV stabilizer (seahorse pic) and a SUMP (shark pic) with the...
  18. Unknown Hitchhikers

Unknown Hitchhikers

Many of these within my tank all that ive seen have the 3 short and 3 long arms. :D
  19. F

Unknown??

Re: Unknown Hitchhiker?? Hi everyone, Thanks for the input.. Im pretty sure they are some sort of brittle.. Just very confused how they all seem to have 3 short and 3 long tentacles. Im guessing like a few other posters have said that this is probably because of their living conditions just...
  20. F

Unknown??

Hi everyone, Purchased some live rock a few days ago. Noticed this little critter on it. Im guessing its a micro brittlestar but im confused on its appearance. There is more then 10 of these within a small rock. All which seem to be the same in appearance and i havent seen any larger then...