unknown hitchhiker??

FishCrazed

Hey guys, recently found this in my live rock. As its started getting bigger.

I have no clue what it is or even might be.. So, any suggestions??

Thanks in Advance!

unknown.jpg

aquaman3680

I am sure that those are glass anenomes. I would not put those back in the tank. They are like aptasia spread very fast and can sting the crap out of corals. If you want to keep the rock then you can poor salt on it to kill it or just pitch the rock. They dont look like too big of rocks.

BoomerD

Doesn't look like aiptasia to me. Looks more like either a corynactis or pseudocorynactis.

026.jpg

Dragon Wrasse

Dosn't look like aiptasia (glass anemone) to me eaither....need a side shot, are they sitting on a coral or a rock...looks like a coral.

FishCrazed

I have a aiptasia in my tank also. (not to brag or anything, hehe) And to me this thing acts/looks different including how it eats. It is very small and attached to a live rock inside a small hole within this rock.
When it eats it sorta like swallows it then will spit out (for lack of better words) what it doesnt want. It curls up sorta like a mushroom when it eats. I will try to get better pictures (side views) but right now its nestled pretty deep within this hole so its hard to get any pictures.

FishCrazed

Okee guys.. Got some new pictures. This thing whatever it is.. Is pretty big until lights come on then it decides to hide from me.. Lemme know if you have any new suggestions or know what it is.. Thanks so much..

Hope everyone is having a Happy Holiday!

unknown1.jpg

lcstorc

Well those are much better pics. Wish I was better at this ID stuff. Someone will be along who is.
Best of luck.

dragonladylea

I would say pseudocorynactis or common names - jewel anemone, ball anemone. Wont hurt anything so you can just leave them.

DaBird

I think that those are the same little anemones that have shown up in my tank, they are pretty cool and after I named one and started feeding regularly it has turned a rose color and the tips glow green under actinic...I'll post a pic if you like...

fishheads

it is a pseudocorynactis as dragon lady said....its a harmless corallimorph,mushroom,that looks like a lil anemone...they like poorly lit areas such as caves or ledges...they are known for colored or white balls on the tips..size=0.5 in...