Search results

1. MarbleShark

Help with Timeline of Actions...

90g Saltwater Tank adventure.. when I was active on this site before I had a 55 gallon with an overflow and that lasted a while but too many moves killed it and I have been itching to get back into the swing of things... I have been adding things and what you do not see pictured in the...
  2. MarbleShark

HELP! Powerhead Advice Needed Please

Oh I know the Tunze are awesome and down the road they might be something that I will invest in but at this time I am going to go with this. I am very proud of myself for not going nuts and rushing this project so far.
  3. MarbleShark

HELP! Powerhead Advice Needed Please

Hey there.. ok so I am trying to get everything set up.. but I want to have all of my ducks in a row before I get water and start cycling... this question is on powerheads.. I want to get one and put them on either side of my 90g tank. I want to know though what strength to get? do I get 2 of...
  4. MarbleShark

Looking for DIYer

Any DIYer in the Florida area looking to make some extra cash? I need a hood made for my 90 gallon and I am really bad at things like that.
  5. MarbleShark

Coming Back To This Hobby!

What do you think of this one? https://www.chewy.com/instant-ocean-sea-clone-protein/dp/128915 says it is for 100-150 and I have a 90.
  6. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

Lol if this was my house I would.
  7. MarbleShark

HELP! Lighting Question Please?

Thanks I have already emailed the store and should be able to get $100 store credit for the lights. I can use that towards the water/live rock/sand I will be getting.
  8. MarbleShark

1) Could you possibly point me to some Skimmers that are decent quality but will not break the bank that I can put in my sump? 2) Based on the Hydor Korilia and my plan to place one either end of the pump do you have a suggestion of the strength of the flow that would be best? The end goal is...
  9. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

Yeah since the tank is going in the living room my fiance wants the sump to go inside the stand. I have someone possibly building the sump for me and I am going to take pictures and a video for him tonight and send it to him.
  10. MarbleShark

Ordering live stuff through the net

When I used them before the trick is to order enough to get free shipping. I would get with friends and we would all ship them to one of our house and divy up the spoils.
  11. MarbleShark

HELP! Lighting Question Please?

Ok.. so I have a choice between 2 light set ups. Opinions are welcome please. My tank is a 90 gallon saltwater that will eventually have coral and such in it. Here is a picture of the tank.. Option A) I have 2 of these.. http://reefradiance.com/starfire.html It is actually the model...
  12. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

I am trying to come up with the design for the sump that I am having made and the problem I am having is trying to come up with a design that will fit in the standard stand that came with the tank. For a 90 gallon tank what is the estimated water volume that it should hold? The sump that I am...
  13. MarbleShark

1) decided on a sump 2) going to get a Hydro on each side of the tank 3) going for that on the back of the tank. https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/ 4) going for a natural look with the exception of a Diver's helmet which she really likes but it looks realistic.
  14. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

It is a pre-drilled tank and I found someone that is going to make it for me. I just have to measure and such when I get home. This is the basic concept of partitioning that I am going to go for in the design. Simple yet effective in my opinion.
  15. MarbleShark

Filtration Debate!

Ok so I am curious about the group's opinion on this... Cannister Filter or Sump for say.. 90g Saltwater Reef tank. Ready.... GO!
  16. MarbleShark

Greetings everyone! I used to be on here quite frequently and then I had a meltdown when I moved and then a cracked tank at another location followed by a now ex-wife who was not supportive of my hobby. My current fiance surprised me with a 90 gallon pre-drilled glass tank with lights and...
  17. MarbleShark

48" LED Light Fixture Help????

Thank you everyone for your feedback and your help in selecting the LED lighting for my tank. I decided on two DM-155e with the mounting brackets. They were ordered last Saturday and was told yesterday a shipment is coming in next week and that is when my lights are going to ship. I will...
  18. MarbleShark

Thank you so much for your feedback.. I welcome more if you have it of course.... Yeah I did some research on them since posting this and am not going to go the route of them. I have lumped them into the Current and Marine Land category. I just looked at those and they are really cool...
  19. MarbleShark

Thanks for the reply Dave... It is 48 long.. 17 tall and 12 deep.. I am going to be keeping fish.. anemones.. and coral.. hard or soft has not been decided yet... so a Reef tank. What are some that you would suggest that are better than the ones I posted but still not hugely pricey.. if...
  20. MarbleShark

Ok I am looking for the final pieces to put my tank together. Trying to decide now on the lighting system. Here is what I need... ~ I need a fixture.. nothing can hang from ceiling or the wall. ~ Timer not needed for the night and daytime lights (have a separate nighttime strip I can use...