Search results

1. Stalwart

I think I might have whacked my clown

NO this is not a euphamism. I was turkey basting my rocks (not a euphamism either) and I might have blasted my clown inadvertantly. He is laying on the bottom in the back of the tank, breathing heavily. Before he stopped swimming he was swimming kinda weird and did a barrel roll and kind of a...
  2. Stalwart

EA Tank Sale

I was at Exotic Aquatics yesterday, and they are having an AGA tank sale. 20 % off until the end of July I noticed a 125 RR costing about $249 Just thought I would mention it to those in the area looking to upgrade.
  3. Stalwart

How often are your hands in the tank?

Just curious how often does everyone have their hands in the tank.
  4. Stalwart

Anemone placement

I have a question, My Long Tip Anemone, which I have given the entire left side of my tank to, wont attach anywhere, He just keeps floating up and down that side of the tank, I have all levels available to it, as well as the rock and strate to attach to. Can anyone recommend a way to "encourage"...
  5. Stalwart

150 mile LFS adventure

Well instead of riding up to NJ and ILC, I decided to make a tour of some of the LFS in Maryland. I visited four stores and I will briefly discuss my observations of each. All of these stores are both fresh and salty, but for obvious reasons I will concentrate on the salty side. First, I...
  6. Stalwart

Anthias in Maryland

1 male and 2 female Anthias for trade. I aquired these fish when I bought an existing tank. I am looking to vary the species in my tank, but do not want to increase the bio-load. Fish are healthy, fed twice a day, great color. The male has a slightly deformed jaw, but does not affect feeding...
  7. Stalwart

Correcting Alkalinity/Calcium issues

Hi all, I fianlly got an ALK test kit and took my first test. I registered about 4.3 meq/L or 12dKH Calcium is at 375 PH 8.4 According to Randy Holmes-Farly's chart, I am above and slightly left of the target range, in zone 3. The recommended correction, was to just add calcium and...
  8. Stalwart

Question

I remember seeing that someone had recently had a tank built with a custom coast to coast overflow. I think it was an AGA tank with a black C to C. I can not find it now. Anyone remember who it was, and what thread it was on.
  9. Stalwart

Changing Substrate

I want to remove my crushed coral substrate and replace it with sand. What would you say is the best way to make the change? I was thinking of doing small sections at a time and allowing the old substrate to help seed the new, any thoughts on this?
  10. Stalwart

Crab Hitchhiker ID

I was looking at my Emerald crab this morning and he had a bunch of these little critters running all over his body. They were red to brown in color, and moved very fast, like highway fast. They are to small to photo so no pic. I would equate them to about the size of chiggers I put a...
  11. Stalwart

Cleaner and Blenny

Got a pic of my cleaner shrimp doing his thing on the blenny You can actually see the shrimps apendages inside the blennys gill plates. Everyone is getting along nicely
  12. Stalwart

Foods and Feeding

As a noob to the reef world, I am unfamiliar with the number of foods available for the wide variety of species we keep in our tanks. So I though it would be cool, for informational purposes, to list the following: Types/Name of foods you feed. Who you feed it to. How you present it. For...
  13. Stalwart

New LFS MD,DC,VA

I just found this in an ad in my local newspaper this morning. http://www.scales-tfw.com/ Looks like some good prices on tanks and combos
  14. Stalwart

Newbie Frag Question

You have seen my frags, most are on those round discs, is it possible to remove them from these discs to attach them directly to the rock, and if so how would I go about it, without killing the poor guys. Or should I just leave them on there and let them do their thing.
  15. Stalwart

Just because

Just because I know you all like pictures, I though I would post this shot of my sun polyps. :thumbup: Wit, it told me to move it down in the tank and slow the flow just a little, so I did and it seems to like it much better. I am the Coral Whisperer. :whstlr: sun polyps.jpg: Your file...
  16. Stalwart

Coral quick reference

Does anyone know if a chart exists that shows coral light and flow preferences. Like a quick reference chart. TIA
  17. Stalwart

Critter ID

I was watching my tank with the moon lights on, and I saw a bunch of these critters darting in and out of rock holes and in the hair algea. There were a bunch of them, different sizes, some appeared a little more opaque than this one, almost clear.
  18. Stalwart

Cleaner Crew is Due

Lets hear it for the members of the cleanup crew. They are one of the most important occupants of the tank and get little respect. They are due, so lets see um
  19. Stalwart

Help pick my next frag

I have a spot in my tank just crying out for a frag for company. It is in the top of the tank and is in a good flow area. It needs to be something that will grow horizontal, be colorful and different from what I have. I prefer a lower maintenance piece that is relatively hardy. I have now...
  20. Stalwart

Is this a good refractometer

I have never used one before so I dont know much about them http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BRIX-0-10-Refractometer-w-ATC-ALL-METAL_W0QQitemZ260000760326QQihZ016QQcategoryZ42924QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem