Foods and Feeding

Stalwart

As a noob to the reef world, I am unfamiliar with the number of foods available for the wide variety of species we keep in our tanks. So I though it would be cool, for informational purposes, to list the following:

Types/Name of foods you feed.
Who you feed it to.
How you present it.

For my sake, as well as the many other noobs here, please be as specific as possible.

Thanks

Gina

RS STAFF
Frozen mysis
krill
cyclop-eeze
And a homemade mush that I got the receipe from Woodstock which is.....

My recipe is different each time i make it. I actually made a new batch just lastnight and chose to put a whole block of frozen cyclopeeze in it this time instead of just a little. I was afraid the CBB would not like it but she LOVES it! Yippie!! This recipe consisted of (all fresh ingredients):
1/2 lb of fresh shrimp (shelled)
1/4 lb of salmon
1/4 lb of red tuna
12 mussles
3 large scallops
2 sheets of green nori
1 block of cyclopeeze
(no garlic this time.. I forgot)

Soaked all ingredients (except nori & cyclopeeze) in ro/di for 15-20 min, throw it all in a food processor adding ro/di water as need to keep a thick paste consistancy, spoon into thin flat sheets using freezer bags, freeze, then break into small chunks and place in another freezer bag. Keep frozen and thaw one chunk at a time as needed for feeding~~

I mix it up differently each time also.

I am currently feeding....
1 clown
2 Blue-Green Chromis
1 Dusky Jawfish

jimeluiz

Yum Gina! Except for the Cyclopeeze it sounds like a great meal!

I switch out my own mush - much like Gina's and simple TetraMarine flake food and Spectrum small fish formula (says it is color enhancing). We feed a 2" square-ish piece of Nori every couple days, sometimes with garlic extract soaked into it. That's for our fish (although the mush feeds everything)

Then I add Liquid-Life Bio-Plankton and Marine Plankton for the corals periodically.

For our sun coral I spot feed Cyclopeeze.

Once a week I feed Silverside bits to our anemones and star fish.

hth

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Formula one
Emerald Entree
Nori
Cyclop-eeze
Fish Mush
Scallop-shave small pieces and feed it to my Euphyllias,Ricordias.
Shrimp-mysis shrimp, rarely fortified brine shrimp,table shrimp for my Anemones occasionally.

tatuvaaj

For fishes, TetraMarine flakes 2 times a day + HUFA, vitamins and pigments every now and then
for invertebrates every day one of the following:
ESV SDMP (mixed in blender)
Cyclop-eeze extract
HW Wiegandt N19

Gina said:
1/2 lb of fresh shrimp (shelled)
1/4 lb of salmon
1/4 lb of red tuna
12 mussles
3 large scallops
2 sheets of green nori
1 block of cyclopeeze
(no garlic this time.. I forgot)

Sounds like a good recipe Gina. I think I'll mix up a batch for my tank. What about the garlic though. What's the deal with that. Is it for the fish, the corals, or both. And what benefit does it provide.:confused:

R.yumaDaddy?

Cyclopeeze is my absolute favorite food for corals. I use a childrens liqiud medicine doser/ applicator for "presentation". Nice recepie Gina / Woody.

lcstorc

The garlic is suppose to help their immune system. Some people think it helps with ick as well. I am just trying it here, but am a bit confused about how much garlic I should use.
Woodstock or Gina, how much garlic would you use for that recepie?
Thanks

Witfull

i dose garlic through my skin to the tank~~

i feed:
cyclopeeze
krill
mysis
spectrum A&B
angel formula with sponge & algae
diced grocery store shrimp
chunks of shrimp to the anemones
spectrum pellets