Search results

1. C

Drilling a Innovative Marine mini 38G

Hi All, Nothing bad to say about Nuvo 38. It has been running flawless. Nothing new has been added except for one red Mandarin dragonet. I did loose my torch coral for some reason and was not able to figure out why. Anyways, I am getting ready for some change and I wanted to get some feed...
  2. C

some coral from my 38 gallon innovated marine

Looks nice, but are you sure that is the 38 mini and not the 30 micro? The reason I ask, your has one return as does the 30 micro and not 2 like the 38 mini.
  3. C

Cycling with pukani rock

Was/Is this live rock? If not, go to your local store and as butcher for an uncooked shrimp. They probably will have one they are going to toss anyways. Tell him what it is for and he/she might not charge you. Take it home and clean it with ro/di water and throw it in the tank. That will start...
  4. C

Storing Saltwater

I would only mix what you are going to use within 3 weeks. I have read that it is good to let mixed saltwater sit for a week and retest before adding it to the tank. Make sure you pump is pushing the water around the mixing station and not up towards the top. I can guess you are keeping the...
  5. C

All Corals Turned White and Now Dead, Only Fish and Anemone are alive!

I think DaveK is spot on. I too had my corals go white because of the new AI Sol Blues I added to our tank. It took some time, but they all went white. I was only running the lights at 50% and now have dropped them down to 25%. Maybe stop adding any additives to the tank for a few months and...
  6. C

FWD: URGENT Call to Protect Stony Coral Trade - April 5 Deadline

Do you read? See my first post again. I'm done, with you.
  7. C

Then when that time comes, and I have exhausted every avenue to get it to someone who can take care of it. I would do what is nessary.
  8. C

You have got to be kidding me? Just because you did not recognize the proper name for the frogspawn I have in my tank does not mean I did not read the proposed rule. Who needs to get off their high horse? When this proposal goes through, I'll take it to the aquarium and let them maintain it...
  9. C

Spot on, and until that balance can be struct, we must protect that which needs protection.
  10. C

I agree, but until we figure out how this can be regulated, we must take steps to protect whats left.
  11. C

I own nothing that is on that list. Everything I own came from someone who could no longer care for it. The only fish I purchased from a LFS was a red mandarin who was nearly dead from starvation. I don't have a tang in a 30 gallon which we do see people do. I don't own an anemone that has such...
  12. C

Actually Jerry26, I am support my opinion, one many more agree with. So yes, I think your wrong and I am right? But don't you think I am wrong and your right? Is that not what arguments are the base of? Is that not what courts are for? We keep pointing out there there is no data, Yes I agree...
  13. C

Do you not understand supply and demand and the effect it has on people that want to profit even if it means breaking the laws? Do you know about elephant ivory? Do you know that the elephant is protected, but yet they are still destroyed "families of them" for their ivory. Why? because we...
  14. C

Yea, I get it, but we know it happens right? We don't care because its the price they pay so we can enjoy our entitlement. We also know that many corals die in our own hands because we lack the knowalge and resources to properly care for them.
  15. C

Insults? Never mind, protect your personal reef as the wild reefs continue to dwindle. Lets not protect whats there so future generations can enjoy. You can't talk to a person who is deaf to outside opinion. But do answer this question! How many corals do you think die in the collection/...
  16. C

See my reply above ---^ This thread is a discussion on a the forum.
  17. C

Jerry26 - as I stated, I would give up my corals if it ment protecting what is left. I think we can all agree that the damage to the worlds reefs is happening at an alarming rate and much of this is caused by man. Any act to protect them, has my support and any act to protect is just starters...
  18. C

Wscttwolfe - just because you feel you are entilted does not mean it's right or for the better good! We have a beach down the street that some seals have taken over. Look it up, it's called children's pool located here in La Jolla CA. We also have a few very wealthly people that say the...
  19. C

Who are you to say so? One side of an argument! NOAA Proposes Listing 66 Reef-building Coral Species under the Endangered Species Act - an act for protection!