Search results

1. A

help with camel shrimp

Right so iv stupidly put a shrimp in the tank without research! What a tool.....I know. I purchased it from the lfs and it was in a reef tank so the thought it cud be a pest didn't cross my mind. It's been in the tank for a few weeks with some lps and sps corals. I don't intend on keeping...
  2. A

rsm 250 skimmer help

Hey all, so my skimmer is producing micro bubbles again. It's producing good skim and iv set it up like @nanoreefing4fun suggested on a post. It's a new set up and I'm sure is bedding in but I thought I'd ask. I don't use any filter floss as I'm scared it sets my a to off if it gets clogged...
  3. A

andy rsm 250 agen!

Hi everyone, I'm re starting out my old tank. I'm wanting to start a tank thread ( if someone can do this for me wud be great as I have no clue!). My rsm 250 has now been cycled for about a month. Current stock is; 5 red leg hermit crabs 2 turbo snails 2 black foot snails 2 fighting conch 1...
  4. A

Need help remembering how a cycle works

Hello everyone. Been too long since I posted on here! Due to work commitments the hobby had to be put on the back burner for a wile but the rsm 250 is now back out of storage and is ready for round 2. Im having some issues with the tank cycling as its been a wile since I started up a new tank I...
  5. A

melenarus wrasse acting off!

My melenarus wrasse hasnt been himself for a few days. He usually swims around constantly and has a great appetite. The last couple of days however he has been far less active laying on sandbed under a rock and has not eaten much at all. I have also noticed that he goes into hiding earlier on a...
  6. A

berghia nudibranch

Hi all just wanting to know if anyone has kept berghia's as aiptasia control. i am suffering from an outbreak in my tank and research suggest these little slugs may be the answer. they have a deal on they are £6 each or $8 american?
  7. A

Advice needed

on a scale of 1-10 how bad is this outbreak of aiptasia? any and advice on how best to address this would be a great help. live rock came from out of my dads tank and was added to my own. im wanting to eradicate it now so it doesnt spread all over my rockscape
  8. A

andys new rsm 250 quest

So upgraded from a kent marine bio reef which last picture i took looked like this and another... and another.... i last week purchased a rsm 250 and have transferred my fish and added a few more but decided to start a fresh with corals. After putting tank in place i added my...
  9. A

back on reef sanctuary!!!

Hi guys. Its been ages since i posted on here but im now back on it. I started my first marine aquarium about 3 years ago after i graduated from uni to get into the hobby. I had a small 20gal kent marine bio reef (utter rubbish nobody buy one!). I had this running as well as possible given the...
  10. A

coral compatibility

does anyone know why you cannot keep a elegance and leather coral together?
  11. A

coming up bulb changing time. Need advice. hate spending money when it isnt corals!

my tank takes 2 T5 power compact fluorescent lamps. One daylight plus (gives bright white light) and one daylight blue ( gives a 50/50 split bright white and actinic lighting)....interpet. They are coming up 6 months old and will be getting some more to replace soon. I am wanting a bluer look...
  12. A

why my corals inflating?!!??

iv gt another thread in aquarium corals and a pic up ther but my elegance coral inflated so much today it looked set to pop. it has since gone back to normal but has done it a few times today? iv also noticed my other corals also looking more inflated than usual my frogspawn and acan. Iv not fed...
  13. A

elegance coral just blew up!!!

this is my elegance coral. ten mins ago it i checked it and was normal, two mins after i looked agen and it had blown up. not like when its fed it blew up as if it was about to burst. it looks a little inflated compared to how it is in the picture but has gone down. any one have ne ideas as to...
  14. A

Need advice on what to feed my awsum new fish!

This is 'Rocky' the orange spot blenny! how cool is he. Best face iv ever seen. i really want sum barnacles for him to house. So i put him in today and he seems happy enough. Only prob is i dont know what they eat and hear they are a bit finiky eating! Iv read they are veg eaters. My food...
  15. A

what fish is this guys?

right for some reason i cant post a pic at the mo! i gt a high fin wrasse and an eel looking fish that the guy from my lfs said it was easily kept and reef safe. It looks like an eel long and swims eel like. it is black and white and the stripes run lenghways down his body. it has fins on top...
  16. A

whats going on with my hammer!!

whats going on with my hammer pictures included as need diagnostic ryt so story is iv had this hammer colony for a few months now and all was well. I changed rock scape round a bit which annoyed my devil yellow tailed damsel and he found a new home at the back of the hammer colony. He flicked...
  17. A

unhappy hammer colony!

Iv had a metallic green hammer colony for a few months and all was great until i moved the rockscape round a bit and my damsel adopted behind the hammer as its new home. The damsel flicked its tail making its home getting sand everywhere and has aggrivated the hammer. iv sinced moved the hammer...
  18. A

What sand?

Hi guys, im thinking of moving up size and im preparing well before the 'move'. I notice in my current tank the live carribean sand is good but i dont like the fact when my CUC do their roaming they seem to unearth small bits of crushed coral and rubble which makes the sandbed look untidy. Im...
  19. A

some more pics of my 2 month old nano!

green torch coral green tip BTA one of my blood red fire shrimp above the small red hermit crab i found this hitchiker crab! anyone know what sort it is? seems to be shedding and happy and so far ignoring my corals eletric flame scallop pink tip hammer coral...