Search results

1. clown lover

RS250 power heads

Ecotech mp10 x 2 on my 250 love having motors on the outside, corals love the Lagoon random mode flow.
  2. clown lover

Steve's LEDs

I've had my RSM250 for about 10 months now and had the good fortune when I got the tank from a fellow reefer of it having the full spectrum Steve's led's system already installed by him. The only bad part was he had no paperwork on the lights or the Typhoon controller so with doing a lot of...
  3. clown lover

circulation pump??

I added 2 Vortech MP10's as well in my RSM250 and the tank is very happy with all the water movement.
  4. clown lover

Max C-250 sump cleaning

I syphon the bottom of the sump area when I remove the pumps for a cleaning maybe once a year.
  5. clown lover

Will the Deltec Mc500 fit in the MaxC250?

I have a Deltec MC500 in my RSM 250 it fits right into the same spot with minor modification. It works very well once it's dialed in, the only thing is I wish it had a larger collection cup but that's my only complaint which isn't a major deal breaker IMO. And a good ATO is a must have I run a...
  6. clown lover

Restarting my rsm250

I agree the stock skimmer just does not work well, I went with the Deltec MC500 a little pricey but worth the money IMO and slides right into the same area with very little modifications.
  7. clown lover

Is this a starry blenny?

Your blennie is very cool but it's not a Starry, Mine is as you described dark brown with the white spots and is very friendly as well he swims right into my hand when I feed mysis or brine shrimp. He's quite the attention getter.
  8. clown lover

Long nose Hawkfish

I have had this long nose hawk fish for about a year now, with no real issues with my cleaner shrimp as to aggression, Had one of the cleaners die of old age and now want to add a blood red shrimp. Has anyone had this scenario and was there any problem with any kind of hawk fish aggression...
  9. clown lover

Tunze 6040 powerhead

Just picked up a Tunze 6040 controlled powerhead, what a great little pump and is 12vdc, really like all the options you get with it. Anyone else have one of these? So far I give it a full thumbs up! http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/tz-tsn6040/Tunze+Turbelle+Nanostream+Pump+-+6040.html
  10. clown lover

Who's using Foz Down vs: GFO

Has anybody had success using Foz Down to control and eliminate phosphate rather than using GFO and a reactor? Comments <<<<<
  11. clown lover

Kalk ATO recommendations

I just use the Tunze ato for RO/DI water top off, but as mentioned by PSU4ME you could use it for adding Kalk to your top off water, but I would think it may be a little harder on the pump.
  12. clown lover

Kalk ATO recommendations

I finally bit the bullet and bought a Tunze 3155 ato system, best money I ever spent. Check it out on the BRS site. comes with everything you need. Good luck
  13. clown lover

what's your favorite powerhead

Thanks I'll try them by e-mail. I put the sensor in the last chamber to the left where the large return pump is and I also like it there because you can see it through the sump level window, seems to work well in that chamber.
  14. clown lover

Hi, where did you your MC500 from? I heard they stopped making them, BTW you will really like the Tunzie ato, I just put one in and it's great and worth the money too. Cheers Laurie
  15. clown lover

Well I just bought a Vortech mp10qd and added it to my RSM250, I was wrong, needed more flow in the tank and it does the job great. Anyone have suggestions for a replacement skimmer that fits in where the stock one goes? I seem to be having trouble getting this stock unit dialed in. Or does...
  16. clown lover

WTB - RSM 250 skimmer pump

I've been following this thread and am impressed how fellow reefers here on RS try and help each other out, happy to be a member. :thumber2::thumber2:
  17. clown lover

Steve's LED's Typhon Controll Lighting Schedule

My corals were used to AI led's on my 90G @ 85% so I'm running at 85% on all four channels in the RSM250 tank with a 1 hour ramp for sunrise and sunset, so far so good.
  18. clown lover

Steve's led retrofit kits

I have the Steve's led's in my RSM 250 which was installed by the previous owner, full spectrum 14000k is what he tells me he bought he also bought the Typhoon controller 4 channel, wondering what % intensity anyone with these lights are running them at? Right now I'm set at 80 % on the blues...
  19. clown lover

Lemonpeel dwarf angel

Funny you mentioned a flame angel I had one in the 90g and I guess because of his color which was close to the color of my clown pair they were continually after him. I gave him to a friend for his tank when I shut down the 90g. I love clowns but they can be miserable if they feel threatened...
  20. clown lover

Lemonpeel dwarf angel

When I downsized from the 90g to the RSM250 I had to rehome my healthy fat yellow tang to a friend with a 160 g reef tank. So now I'm missing seeing something yellow in the tank and considering a Lemonpeel dwarf angel. I know it's a crap shoot about being reef safe but willing to give it a try...