Search results

1. reefjunkie420

Torch coral fragging??? hows it done

My lighting is two actinic one ati aquablue and one daylight it's a t5 set up... I bought it already kinda big had it for about a month already and some heads split it's a lil bigger then a softball when fully opened...I just want to cut it down to a single branch... Being that one branch has...
  2. reefjunkie420

arm? so right under the head? i can cut each head off one by one or would i need to keep some heads together? this is my second time attempting to frag.... the first time didnt go so well..... i tried to frag a mushroom i got for free at my lfs.... it was a complete failure... so i wanna get...
  3. reefjunkie420

hello all on RS i have a torch coral that is getting pretty big and i wanted to know how to frag it..:banghead:.. it is on a base rock and has two branches with about 10+ heads on it..:apimp:. and my question is how do i frag it, do i cut off each head or do i cut it at the bottom by the...
  4. reefjunkie420

Haven't seen my pistol shrimp......

I finally found him and bought a yellow watchman goby.... And now he's out all the him and his goby took over a rock right in front of the tank.... Just digging away as the goby stands guard... Very fun to watch them comunicate with each other......
  5. reefjunkie420

still missing............. should i just chalk it down as a lose or should i still have hope its still alive.............
  6. reefjunkie420

A week ago I went to my lfs and left with a Sally lightfoot crab and a candy stripe pistol shrimp. After aclimation I addEd them to my aquarium my pistol shrip went straight under my rock and that was the last I seen of it. I have an emerald crab coral banded shrimp cc starfish and a...
  7. reefjunkie420

i got a problem and i need help........

the problem is fixed i used an aqualift as my syphon starter.......
  8. reefjunkie420

i have no problems when my tank is running.......my tank pumps just as fast as it drains....... and my problem isnt when the power is off....... the problem is i have to manualy start a syphon on my system and if im not home when the power goes out then turns back on there is no syphon on my...
  9. reefjunkie420

thanks....... seems like your the only one that understands the situation....... once again thanks
  10. reefjunkie420

yeah its built in and i have the hole drilled as well thats not my problem though....... my problem is when my system starts back up my overflow has no syphon and my system pumps all the water i got in my sump to my tank cousing it to flood my tank...... tried hookin up my powerhead but its not...
  11. reefjunkie420

i have an aqualifter... where do you run your outlet hose......
  12. reefjunkie420

thanks i think i figured out my problem.....im gonna try to hook up an air hose to my powerhead and drill a hole in my overflow tube and give that a try see if that should creat a syphon..... let you know the results and thanks for that link it was very helpfull.....
  13. reefjunkie420

well i got a 30gal with a 10gal refug/sump my overflow is made of pvc and flex tube nothin to fancy straight from my tank to the sump. my return has a hole drilled in it so it wont over flow my sump... my sump is a diy 5 chamber sump once again nothin to fancy sory for the lack of detail but...
  14. reefjunkie420

hello...... just need help figuring out a way so if theres a black out my tank wont over flow....... came home today to find out there was a black out in my area and water all over the place i was just wondering if there is a way to prevent that in the future...... any iformotin will be...
  15. reefjunkie420

New to the hobby......

I actually started off with dry lace rock I got snail and hermits 1 emerald crab 1 CC starfish and a coral banded shrimpi woke up this morning to find out that my shrimp had molt'd everyone seems happy I stared my system with a lot a beneficial bacteria. I will do another test in a couple days I...
  16. reefjunkie420

New to the hobby......

thanks i will go to my lfs and pick up a few peices of live rock...... hopfully it has some good hitch-hikers dont really see to much action in my sand yet...
  17. reefjunkie420

New to the hobby......

i just set it up as my avatar.... u still think i should add more rock .... i also got some rock in my sump (3) peices
  18. reefjunkie420

New to the hobby......

not sure if i did it right but i tried to upload a pic of my tank
  19. reefjunkie420

New to the hobby......

hello everyone.... im new to the hobby and im just trying to learn as much as i possibly can..... i got a 30gal with 10 gal sump/refugium..one drain hose and one return hose i got 80lbs of live sand in my DT and 20lbs in my sump, 20lbs of dry lace rock...and i got a ball of chaetomorpha in the...