Haven't seen my pistol shrimp......

reefjunkie420

A week ago I went to my lfs and left with a Sally lightfoot crab and a candy stripe pistol shrimp. After aclimation I addEd them to my aquarium my pistol shrip went straight under my rock and that was the last I seen of it. I have an emerald crab coral banded shrimp cc starfish and a diamondgoby. Should I asume that it's dead or been eatin... Getting kinda worried cuz I really like the lil guy. Any info would be nice

modulok

Look for sand movement. They are pretty small, so it will be very subtle. Adding a small Goby to pair with him will make the shrimp more comfortable and you will see him much more.

reefjunkie420

still missing............. should i just chalk it down as a lose or should i still have hope its still alive.............

modulok

Do you ever hear a pop or crack from the tank? I thought it was air bubbles popping at night when I thought my pistol was MIA.

The candy stripes are so tiny the pop isn't that loud, not like a tiger pistol.

reefjunkie420

I finally found him and bought a yellow watchman goby.... And now he's out all the him and his goby took over a rock right in front of the tank.... Just digging away as the goby stands guard... Very fun to watch them comunicate with each other......

modulok

Great news!

If you are lucky, the Goby will feed the shrimp. My Hi Fin Goby did that until he got caught in the downpipe.

goby

I'm glad you found your pistol shrimp. I am encountering the same issue with the pistol shrimp and high fin goby we added three days ago. The goby is coming out for food but the shrimp is nowhere to be found. They went separated when the entered the tank.

How did you find you pistol shrimp? Did he come out on his own?

yankieman

my goby and pistol shrimp live under my rock pile in my 209 gal tank and go for weeks without me seeing them then there they are for awhile then they disappear again , i do see a cloud of dust coming up and i know there are there even when I dont see them ,,