Search results

1. msalih81

Deforming anemone

oh ok, thx =)
  2. msalih81

Deforming anemone

I'd post a picture of this but I can't, not sure why. Anyways, this anemone which I believe is a condy, has some tentacles that are split at the tips. Anyone know what causes this? This has happened to another anemone I had also.
  3. msalih81

If you know your lighting, please help =)

Thanks all
  4. msalih81

Any suggestions for fixtures that are around 250$ max that would be better?
  5. msalih81

Hi I'm looking at this 324w T5 HO fixture on Ebay 48" INCH 4 FT 6pc HO T5 AQUARIUM REEF LIGHTS 324W w/Build-in Timer | eBay and I'm thinking of getting it to add to the lighting I do have already which is the Marineland Reef capable 48 inch 1w LEDS. I know there are better T5 fixtures out there...
  6. msalih81

Pink tipped condy growths

ah ok thanks, I wasn't sure if it was splitting or something and actually splitting the tentacles. thanks
  7. msalih81

Anyone? =)
  8. msalih81

Bubble coral & maroon clown hosting question

It's actually a bubble coral, does the above statement still hold true? thanks
  9. msalih81

LOL sorry I meant 80 -82 degrees
  10. msalih81

Hi all, I have had this pink tipped condy for about a month and he is doing great except for one weird thing I noticed today. He has these "pink tip" growths (exactly like the ones on the tips) growing out from the middle of his tentacles. It's a pink bump and looks almost like a new tentacle is...
  11. msalih81

Hi all, I've had a green bubble coral about a month now and when I picked him up at the LFS he was under regular flourecent lighting and he was fully expanded. I took it home and fully expanded for the first week or so and now only inflates 1/2 way at most and closes up early almost everyday. I...
  12. msalih81

Is it ich or something else?

The only camera I have is a crappy cell cam and the fish is never still to take a picture either lol. If the fish has ich and has had it this long and eating like a pig do you think it could make it on its own?
  13. msalih81

I've read up alot on marine ich etc. Just wondering if anything else causes the above symptoms since it's eating, been 3 weeks, none of the other 3 fish are scratching or have had any spots, no cloudy eyes, etc.? Thanks
  14. msalih81

I think my powder blue tang caught ich or possibly something else about 3 weeks ago. I'm not sure though because my other 3 fish, yellow tang, maroon clown, and dottyback seem to be unaffected thus far. Also he is nice and fat and eating like crazy, no cloudy eyes. He is irritated though alot of...
  15. msalih81

Damn ich

If I were you I'd just let the tank go fallow for 2 months. Get a few inverts or something else to watch while you wait =)
  16. msalih81

Nitrate problems, need expert opinions please!

maybe i'll remeasure tomarrow thx all
  17. msalih81

I'm positive that its 60 inches long and about 48 inches tall but the width could be off , meh i'll just re-measure later lol thanks
  18. msalih81

Oh ty I didn't know about not needing to add the dkh buffer. Learn something new everyday ok so I guess my first step is to get 5 more fish, haha no I'm joking. I'm going to remove the trigger and maybe chromis, finish raising my salt and add a little more LR to seed the other rocks.