Search results

1. S

Nudibranch??

[/url] [/IMG]
  2. S

Red cabbage in trouble!

Got this colony about 5 days ago. It shed its skin as most leathers do in a new tank but now im noticing some deteriorating near the base of a few heads. Temp, alk, calcium, ph all that is good other leathers and softies in tank look fine. My question is if this persists which with deteriorating...
  3. S

Suburban Reef Legit???

Hey all i am looking for parts for my current sunpod 150watt hqi. They have some but i found them on thefind.com and some of the sites listed are bogus. Just wondering if anyone here has used em? Thank you :)
  4. S

90 fowlr filtration question

My magnum 350 canister filter that a friend gave me leaks up at the top near the o-ring. Im wondering if i need a mechanical filter at all or could i just get by with powerheads and rock. Im not wanting any sand in this tank so barebottom with rock and powerheads and maybe a skimmmer. I would...
  5. S

10k ati bulbs?

Looking for a crisp bluish white natural combo? Any ideas on the combos i should purchase and where the best place i could order these. Looked on marinedepot and mostly had ati blue plus, aquablue plus, purple plus and coral plus. Which ones should i combo to achieve a natural look? Maybe post...
  6. S

Bristleworm causing red monti to bleach???

Hey all I have a 8" red monti cap that is bleaching at the base and down inside but the tops are all healthy and growing quickly. The water and all levels are fine. I noticed a fairly large 4" long pinkish colored bristle worm nestling down and along where the coral appears to be bleaching...
  7. S

Odysea t5 fixtures on ebay

I noticed some great deals on ebay with these odysea brand t5 four bulb fixtures selling for around $80. Anyone on here have any experience with this brand or buying reef lights off ebay? It seems pretty cheap but what do I know???
  8. S

Adding sand to already established tank

Hey everyone. I slowly started adding aragonite sand to my fowlr system that has been established for roughly 2.5 years. Alittle here alittle there. When donig a routine water change a few days ago some of the water i was adding stirred up and released some bubbles into the water colum. I...
  9. S

t5 bulbs online

Just wondering where everybody buys their t5s online. Best site deals and brands and replacement bulbs? Thanks
  10. S

Carbon in bag in hang on filter???

Hey guys n gals, wanting to fill one of those media bags with carbon on one side of my emperor hang on and poly fil on the other wrapping the poly around old filter pads to catch debris. My question is if i fill one of those media bags with carbon and just toss it on one side would the carbon be...
  11. S

Softy ID please

Trying to replicate this tank anyone know what the large white softy in the middle is?
  12. S

Toxic leathers or xenia?

Hey guys i bought a beautiful pair of moorish idols the other day. Been researching them for awhile. Some say reef safe and others with caution. Well im here to tell you that these guys are NOT REEF SAFE at all. The idols are eating but it aint on prepared or frozen food they are attacking my...
  13. S

Moving around frags experimenting with flow +light?

Hi, only been keeping softies for about a year just now building a small reef 75 gallons question is ive been fragging toadstools and xenia and moving the frags and some mother colonies around for different looks and flow mods. Will this hurt the corals? eventually i wiil leave them alone but...
  14. S

Long tentacle anthelia vs small???

I've had this very long up to 7'' pink anthelia colony waving around in my 75g reef tank for three months. They just keep getting longer. I see all these tanks online with beautiful "clumps" of short stalky almost shrub like anthelia colonies. Is it a species thing or do i just need to "trim"...
  15. S

Leather coral offshoot dieng?

16. S

Tiny crustaceans on glass and sand bed.

these are not your typical pods. They are shaped like little pac man ghosts.
  17. S

Soft coral id please...

18. S

New codium macro w/ hairs coming out?

Hello there. This has been in my tank for about two weeks now but on the second day its like it started growing hair algae out the top of it. Is it dieing, going sexual, growing? I know its not hair algae because i dont have any anywhere else in the tank its algae free except for the macros...
  19. S

New leather toadstool mounting issue

Hey all just picked this guy up today at lfs. Trouble is that i cant figure out which way it wants to be mounted to the live rock. Which way is up so to speak. This is my first leather and dont know if they straighten toward the light like a plant? Mine almost looks like it needs to be mounted...