Search results

1. Acanman

Four AI vegas for sale

Four vega light fixtures purchased in May. New condition. Mounting kit included. Also included is vega controller and Director. Rails and Sol mounting kit also included. I just put on craigslist. Im in South Florida. Prefer local transaction but would consider shipping. Asking 2000.
  2. Acanman

Red sea reef care program

Anybody uses the program? Id appreciate your experiences...
  3. Acanman

New tank cycling

Hey guys. I feel like a noob all over again. Its been over 3 yrs since ive cycled a tank and im doing my best to research and follow the proper guidleines. My question is when is it safe to add the cleanup crew? Is it the same rules as if i were adding coral or fish? Has to be zero nitrite and...
  4. Acanman

Pair of MP10s for sale

Before I put on craigslist, im selling both my Vortech MP10s wES pumps. One is two years old. The other is around one year. I have original boxes and manuals. When cleaned up they look brand new. Perfect condition. $350 firm. Retail is $285 for one. Im in South Florida but can ship it to you...
  5. Acanman

My new 180 Gal build

Hey guys. Its been a while. I wanted to share with you guys my new baby. To think 4 yrs ago i started in the hobby with a 29 gal biocube.... Here are some pics.
  6. Acanman

Apex

So i splurged on an Apex Lite with all the bells n whistles, extra energy bar, WXM module. So i was a little dumbfounded to learn that the Apex is not wireless? It needs to be connected with an ethernet cable to your router? LAME! So now I have to get a 100ft long ethernet cable (luckily they...
  7. Acanman

Dry rock vs. live rock

I would love to know your thoughts about using dry rock for a startup tank. Im seriously considering. No hitchikers, no future leaching of phosphates, no old tank syndrome. Just dry rock and a bottle of bacteria solution.
  8. Acanman

Rsm250 for sale

Anybody in the south florida area interested....im selling my rsm250. The hood is mod'd with LeDs. Included is an oceanic 1/10 hp chiller, InTank media basket, and stand. Pickup only. You can have most of the rock if u want. I will maje you a couple frags off some of my acros as a bonus. Im...
  9. Acanman

Rsm 250

Anybody in the south florida area interested....im selling my rsm250. The hood is mod'd with LeDs. Included is an oceanic 1/10 hp chiller, InTank media basket, and stand. Pickup only. You can have most of the rock if u want. Im listing here before i put it on craigslist. Its gonna be a good 4...
  10. Acanman

Biofilter

Hey guys. About two months ago i did a major re-aquascape. As a result i ended up removing approx 20-30 lbs of rock. Im pretty sure the biofilter had to be somewhat impacted. The last few weeks ive been dealing with a spike in nitrate (5 ppm). I was thinking the biofilter needs a boost so I want...
  11. Acanman

Lifereef system owners: happy or sad?

Hey guys. Contemplating the lifereef. Hoping to hear thoughts,experiences,reviews,tips from those who have one.
  12. Acanman

Mp10 tidal swell mode

Hey guys can somebody tell me what mode to put the slave driver in for tidal swell mode? Sync, antisync?
  13. Acanman

Chemipure elite

Can cpe be used in a reactor?
  14. Acanman

Lights out

Can my tank go lights out for 4 days and survive?
  15. Acanman

What are these things growing on my zoa bed?

Noticed these things growing on a zoa bed.
  16. Acanman

Acanman's 250: An LED Experiment

I recently purchased a retrofit LED kit from StevesLeDs. I started this thread for a few reasons. I wanted to chronicle the install. I thought it would be cool to see how the tank progresses week to week. Below I posted a ton of pics of present day tank. This will be a true baseline thus making...
  17. Acanman

Steves LEDS

These guys make an "sps grade" retro kit for the rsm250. Looks pretty cool and for under $500 im intrigued. Please check it out and lemme know your thoughts and if you know someone that has this kit. http://shop.stevesleds.com/product.sc?productId=64&categoryId=22
  18. Acanman

LEDs for RSM 250

Hey i was wondering is there anyone out there that ditched the t5 bulbs and put in some led fixtures....if i ever did it, i would want something close to plug and play as possible. Remove the bulbs and screw in a Vegasol or ecotech fixture straight to the reflector plate. Im wondering if one...
  19. Acanman

Nanoreefsysytems skimmer for rsm250

Hey guys anybody have experience or thoughts about the skimmer nanoreefsystems makes?