Search results

1. N

Aqua Illumination Prime or Hydra

All, Would really appreciate some help with my new build. I'm moving from my RSM 250 to a Cadlight Artisan II 2015 125 G - http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_62&products_id=314 The tank is a piano white finish and I want my LED lights to match. To this end, i...
  2. N

Please Help - 2 lights not working in my RSM 250

Don't know why but two of my lights in my tank stopped working earlier this month. I didn't think it was a big deal, but many corals are starting to die and this is having a negative chain effect. I've had my RSM 250 for 3 years so I assume its not under warranty. However, I don't know where...
  3. N

RSM 250 Phosban Reactor - What do I put in it?

I have a Two Little Fishies Phosban (Phosphate Removal) Reactor 150 and I used to put Chemi-pure in it. Its time for a change.... Do other people have this and use it with their RSM 250? What media do they use? Does anyone use nitra-guard? Thanks!
  4. N

Too much flow??

Need a little help here. For years my SPS has been doing great, but my LPS has not. I've had lots of chalices whittle away. My touches and hammers don't really extend, and I have a few brains in a friend's tank recovering.... I spoke to someone and they blamed it on the flow of my tank. Have...
  5. N

Crab ID please

Could someone please help me ID this crab? he is pretty small maybe an inch and a half Don't know if this is related... since i found this crab i have found a dead goby in my tank (which i thought was healthy) and a clown fish went missing... on the other hand this guy was small. I...
  6. N

Neeb's RSM 250

Happy New Year Everyone! Got my RSM 250 this weekend, and spent the better part of the weekend putting it together. Basically stock plus Vortec MP40, reefkeeper lite with new heater. Have put in saltwater and the sand (caribsea seaflor special grade reef sand) and waiting for the sand...
  7. N

Are all RSMs 250s created equal?

Was wondering if anyone knows if red sea max tanks manufactured for example in 2008 are the exact same as those manufactured more recently. For example seems to be some issues with overheating, heaters failing and difficult skimmers - are these issues less common in newly manufactured tanks...
  8. N

Using only dry rock in new red sea max

I'm setting up my tank (red sea max 130d) with ALL dry rock I got from bulk reef supply next week. Going to use dr. Tim's one and only to set up the cycling. Besides bacteria dry rock appears to be missing a couple of things: 1. Coralline algae Does anyone know of a similar product as...
  9. N

Red Sea Max 130d - Baby Steps

Hi all, I’m new to posting on this site and planning on getting into the hobby. This is my first post to the forum, and I wanted to say thanks for all the information all of you have been putting up, if it wasn’t for forums like these I probably wouldn’t feel comfortable getting into the...