Search results

1. sw_addicted

anyone know what this is?

thanks for looking
  2. sw_addicted

damsel id please!

Allright I have tried this before w/o picture but its never in the open but I got one now. Ok the fish is around 2 years and 5-6 inches long. any ideas?
  3. sw_addicted

ich advice please

please help need advice on what causes ich in fw tanks. My brother has had the same fish in a 55gal tank for 8+ years, and has recently upgraded to a 135 in the past 4 months. His new tank gets ich every 2 weeks or so this is about all I can tell you. He does a 25% water change weekly with tap...
  4. sw_addicted

black damsel?(no spots)

I have a large damsel in my tank that is dark blue in color and 4.5 inches in length. I have not added any fish in over 2 years and never purchased a fish resembling this one. after trying to identify this fish the only thing close is a black damsel (mine being dark blue/purple)that changes...
  5. sw_addicted

saying hello again

I'm not really new, but I did get lost for over a year. I'm back now and will be lurking here from time to time again, so please don't whip me with the caulerpa I'll be good. I still have the 120 gallon reef it now has more flow, better filtration, 500watts of HQI metal halide and alot more...
  6. sw_addicted

colt in trouble?

we have had colts in our tank for almost a year and the have grown to about 16 inches tall and split many times. they now look like bushes in the tank. well here is my question one of the smaller branches near the base of one is started drooping two days ago and now looks to be melting into a...
  7. sw_addicted

lots of baby shrimp?

does anybody know what a baby pepermint shrimp looks like? I came home from work tonight and found around 300 specs swirling around in a corner of our 120. After closer inspection they are some kind of shrimp they have eyes, tenticals, tails and long front arms where claws should be, they are...
  8. sw_addicted

anyone test oceanic salt mix?

perhaps you have read my previous thread on rising calcium, if not our calcium kept rising on its own and we wondered why, well I finaly mixed some water and tested it after 30 hrs. I found calcium level was at 480ppm that explained the rising calcium. I also found the p.h. level at 8.4 that...
  9. sw_addicted

calcium on the upswing?

our tank has been set up for about ayear and a half now and we check alot of water paramaters weekly. About 6 months ago I was dripping kalkwasser and having to use minor amounts of turbo calcium to keep the cal. levels around 425ppm. Now atleast 4 months have gone by without any suppliment...
  10. sw_addicted

can I move ricodia?

I have a question for the pro's. We have had our orange ricordia for 6 months and it is finaly splitting in two or posibly three. The problem is when we bought it, it was on a rock that is only the about one inch in diameter. Now it is about 5 inches when fully extended and we would like to...
  11. sw_addicted

sizing photos w/fireworks?

I have been trying to post pics and change my avatar and no matter what I try the file is too big. We switched from photoshop some time ago and I am not good with computers or cameras can someone out there help me out? I know the sizes I can post in pixels but the whole byte thing I cant...
  12. sw_addicted

open brain help

we received an open brain about 2 months ago when we purchased another reefers tank. I wanted to get rid of it as soon as it was placed in our tank but it attached itself to a chunk of lr, and after asking a few questions on a few forums decided that it would be allright in our tank. now after...
  13. sw_addicted

haddoni hightailed it?

We have had our carpet for a few months and it has stayed in place the whole time now today he just went on the run and I placed him back where he started and when I got home from work he was under the cave he used to be on top of. Why would he decide to head for the dark after being happy with...
  14. sw_addicted

colt?

We bought another reefers tank contents that included 3 colt corals that were all about 12 inches tall and light bownish in color now in our tank 1 is that brownish color and fully open after 3 complete days one is fully extended and has a purple color in it and the other is purple and kind of...
  15. sw_addicted

combining 2 tanks help!

New day new question I have a 120g tank that has been set up for over a year, in january I started builing a reef out of it that was for mushrooms and ricordia mainly so I have only been running 260w of pc current inhabitants are red mushrooms, hairy mushrooms, orange ricodia plus 7 others that...
  16. sw_addicted

is this guy trouble? (pic)

I'm pretty sure I know what this is it was purchased for my birthday as a flowerpot coral and I'm pretty sure this is the harder to care for of the two kinds that look similar. I read about them awhile ago and I belive one has 12(petals) and the other has 24 mine has 24 what is it? How hard is...
  17. sw_addicted

help keep my wife happy

My wife has said lately that our 120 looks empty, she's looking to add more fish to the tank. Around 4 months ago our aggressive tank crashed killing everything so we decided to go reef now we have a tank with lots of assorted mushrooms, ricordia and a large hadoni carpet and over time other...
  18. sw_addicted

deflating star?

Allright heres the ? I bought a blue linkia about a month ago full figured and now it appears to be deflating any idea why?
  19. sw_addicted

calcium depletion?

I have a question about the calcium depletion in my 120. I check my water parameters weekly or close to it and the calcium never looses more then 20ppm and alk may drop 1.1dkh. Now last weeks tests were salinity 35-p.h.8.2-nitrite0-amonia0-nitrate0-calcium440ppm-alk9.5-temp80 and if you care...
  20. sw_addicted

saddle carpet anemone?

I was at a lfs the other day and saw they had 3 of these all atleast a 14 inch diameter if they were flat and hosting clownfish are these reefsafe, do they move much, will they eat slow movers? They also had rose anemones at $140 a pop I'll wait on the latter of these.