combining 2 tanks help!

sw_addicted

New day new question I have a 120g tank that has been set up for over a year, in january I started builing a reef out of it that was for mushrooms and ricordia mainly so I have only been running 260w of pc current inhabitants are red mushrooms, hairy mushrooms, orange ricodia plus 7 others that are unidentifies as yet, green carpet, a bta that I finaly caught flowerpot coral(G), brown scopas and yellow tangs, 3 firefish, canary blenny, yellow watchman goby, 2 mandarins, cleaner shrimp and goby, pepermint shrimp and a few snails and blue leg hermits. Wow thats alot now that I typed it all out. Anyway I purchased a 20g that has been set up for a few years and its inhabitants are 3 huge colt corals, alot of huge bright red mushrooms(that is why I was looking at it),some yellow star polyps, open brain coral, true percula clown, firefish, a lue damsel that I won't keep and various snails. We puchased all this plus 25# of fiji and tonga branch lr at a great price. Now my question is all of this was under 175w halide that I will put in our hood if I take a pic with a tape measurer on the tank and place the corals from the other tank the same distance from the light in our tank and keep our corals away from the halide will everything be o.k. or is there something better that I can do in a situation like this? One more thing I have not read up on the open brain coral because I never thought that I would have/want one so any info or articles would also be appreciated. I suppose I have to go to the lfs to sell my bubble tip back and a pink pincusion thats stripping my rock you think anything else nees to go?

jks1

How are the mandarins doing? W/O super large pod populations two of them in this size tank will prob starve in the long run.

I think you will be fine with the single 175 in the new tank. Other than the anenomes the rest are tolerant of lower light levels. I would keep the brain under the halide, but the rest you can prob play around with placement safely.

You might want to look at picking up a few more MH in the future- each MH will cover ~2' of tank space..

HTH

sw_addicted

jks1 thanks for the brain info about the halide. Our tank is not that new and its had anemones for over a year and all are doing great. After 4 months we added the second mandarin and the pod poulation is still visible today.